This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Slimming World Pasties In Air Fryer. Introducing you to the best slimming world pasties cooked in the air fryer using WW wraps.
You will love this concept and you can mix and match with any pie, pasty, or hand pie filling.
These air fryer slimming world pasties were originally shared on Recipe This in 2018 and we are updating it today, so that you can create the absolute best low syn pasties at home in your air fryer.
Table of Contents
Slimming World Pasties
You join a diet club and before you know it, they are giving you great recipe ideas and meal ideas using low calorie products.
I notice at Weight Watchers its all about the lean chicken breast and the egg roll in a bowl. Whilst at Slimming World it’s all about the speed foods and using the WW wraps.
Though whilst I think of slimming world and I think of WW wraps, I don’t know anyone on Weight Watchers that uses them. Isn’t that ironic?
Today I wanted to show you how to use Weight Watchers wraps to make the most delicious ever slimming world pasties.
Though before I dive in, note that you don’t need to be on SW to love them, as these are just a fantastic lower calorie hack to pasties, small pies etc that you can do using the air fryer.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Air Fry WW Wraps?
Yes, you can, and you will be amazed when paired with a pasty maker how fantastic they are.
The pasty maker we have (or you might call it hand pie maker in the US) is fantastic as you load it up with pastry, or in our case WW wraps and then it presses it down and then you can air fry them.
Then of course, the air fryer does its magic making the wraps wonderfully golden brown like real pastry.
If you are not familiar with WW wraps, then they are simply the Weight Watchers brand of tortilla wraps.
They are lower in calories, and this means they are popular with those at Slimming World or those that calorie count.
Many people refer to them as a slimming world pastry alternative.
For example, a WW wrap is just 118 calories compared to the usual 150 calories. Plus, for each wrap we are using in a pasty, we are cutting around one, so in reality that 118 calories are probably closer to 94 calories.
Just imagine that my regular pastry is over 450 calories that I use, so that is a HUGE saving.
How Many Syns In Weight Watchers Wrap?
On Slimming World 1 WW wrap is syn free if you use your weight watchers wrap as a healthy extra.
Then if you are receiving 2 healthy extras a day, note you could use them all up and make 2.5 pasties.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Slimming World Pasties Air Fryer Ingredients
Wraps – It starts with the WW wraps which are your slimming world pastry alternative for making pasties with.
Egg – If you want to keep them as low in syns as possible I would recommend covering with egg wash rather than using extra virgin olive oil spray.
Fillings – Then don’t forget your fillings. We have outlined a few different slimming world pasty fillings below, or you might have your own amazing idea!
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this air fryer slimming world pasties recipe it has just been our Cosori Air Fryer XL. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
As well as this, we have also used our pasty maker which is essential if you want to make pasties at home. Or you could also get a Cornish pasty making machine.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Make Slimming World Pasties?
- Cut. Start by placing a WW wrap in your pasty maker and then pressing down so that it will create a line around it. Do this for as many wraps as you plan to cook with.
- Prep. Next prep your filling for your pasties. Or you can save time and use leftovers from another meal.
- Load. Add egg wash, add filling and use the pasty maker to press down on your wraps to make them like a pasty. Then smoother in egg wash.
- Cook. Air fry your pasties for 8 minutes at 200c/400f.
- Beeps. When the air fryer beeps, remove from the air fryer and serve.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is to air fry SW pasties and why you should be doing it too!
Slimming World Pasty Ideas
Okay, so your mind is probably going into overdrive of all the different fillings you can add to your pasties.
To get you started here are a few ideas:
Veggie Bake – Add leftover veggie bake or cauliflower cheese to your wraps. Great for using up last nights Sunday dinner.
Cheese & Onion Pasties – Made using the air fryer with potatoes, onion, cheese and sour cream. Though make them SW friendly by swapping the cream for Fromage Frais. Though do check out our air fryer cheese & onion pasties recipe for more details.
Cornish Pasty – Recreate our air fryer Cornish pasties but make them with wraps instead and you need have a slimming world Cornish pasty. Its also my favourite way to make a slimming world pasty with stewed steak.
Beef Pasty – You could also make slimming world beef pasties using leftovers from a roast beef dinner, or it could be just steak and onion.
Chicken Pasty – That same concept can be used for making chicken pasties. Or make it interesting and use your leftover roast chicken dinner.
Or how about your love for Greggs? If you are missing Greggs on Slimming World, why not recreate your favourite filling into wraps.
Air Fryer Pasties Tips & Tricks
- Add lots of egg wash. Even you don’t use enough egg wash then they wont go wonderfully brown and will look anaemic.
- Also add egg wash to the corners as you pat them down as it will help them stick and stop them coming apart during the cooking process.
- Whatever you do, don’t overfill the pasties otherwise the filling will roll out and make a mess and it wont be pretty!
Interesting Air Fryer Trick – Add a layer of foil prior to air frying your pasties. It will stop them sticking to the air fryer basket and you will be amazed at how easy the clean up will be afterwards. Plus, don’t forget to check out our podcast episode on can you use foil in air fryer?
Can you freeze your pasties? Yes, you can. You can precook them, cool them and then freeze them in a freezer bag or in the foil you lined the air fryer with. Also note, if you see WW wraps reduced you can freeze a pack of these too.
Can you make ahead your pasties? Yes, you sure can and it’s a great time saver. Let’s say you are in the middle of washing up from dinner and have leftovers, well you can make the pasties ready for lunch the next day.
Leftover WW Wraps
Okay, so from what you have read you have all those long strands of leftover WW wraps from making the pasties.
I made a big batch and look at this bag I have full of them:
I then loaded the bag into the freezer for another day.
Then that other day came, and I used these strands to make a yummy instant pot chicken tortilla soup and of course, used the air fryer to crisp up the tortilla strips and it was amazing.
More Air Fryer SW Recipes
- Slimming World Chips
- Slimming World Sausages
- Slimming World Gravy
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Veggie Fries
Your slimming world pasties recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Slimming World Pasties In Air Fryer Recipe
- Peel and dice your potatoes into small chunks. Peel and thinly dice your onion. Load both into a mixing bowl with extra virgin olive oil and mixed herbs and salt and pepper. Mix with your hands and then place in the air fryer.
- Air fry for 12 minutes at 180c/360f and check with a fork when it beeps that your potatoes are soft.
- Place the potatoes and onions back into the bowl with all the other ingredients including the Greek yoghurt. Mix with a fork.
- Place a single Weight Watchers Wrap onto a clean worktop and then place the bottom of the pasty maker over it and cut out your circle. Then do this again and again until you have enough tortilla pasty circles.
- Then once you are done making the circles place one at a time into your pasty cutter with some egg wash.
- Load the filling into one half of the pasty, making sure you don’t overfill it. Push down, making sure it creates the beautiful pasty pattern.
- Then place foil in the air fryer basket and cover the tops of the pasties with egg wash.
- Air fry for 8 minutes at 200c/400f before serving. You can then rinse and repeat until have made all your pasties.