Ninja Foodi Pork Tenderloin. How to make a delicious pork tenderloin using both the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer. Loaded with apples, apple cider and vegetable stock, this is easy to recreate at home and perfect for Ninja Foodi beginners.
I am hugely passionate about this tenderloin in the Ninja Foodi. It starts by cooking the pork tenderloin with the pressure cooker and an easy to prep pork stock, followed by a quick air fry. The air fryer makes sure that the pork tenderloin is crispy, yet the pressure cooker guarantees a tender tenderloin.
Pork Tenderloin In Ninja Foodi
I am lucky to have travelled to many countries in Europe. I have been to the black forest in Germany, had gyros in the Greek isles, eaten too many croissants in France, sat by the sea enjoying a paella in Spain, lived in Portugal for 13 years and eaten more fries that I admit to in Belgium.
But one food that I have enjoyed in many European countries is pork tenderloin. Normally served with potatoes or apples and always including a creamy sauce.
In Portugal it is prepared differently depending on the season and you can often buy it with chestnuts at Christmas and Easter, or with a parsley marinade in the summer.
Well, I managed to grab two lots of the chestnut version and decided to make it into a Ninja pork roast for you. With one that we would photo and another that we would video.
With a Portuguese theme, you can use any pork tenderloin (it doesn’t have to be stuffed) and then enjoy it for an easy pork roast dinner for two.
Is Pork Loin The Same As Pork Tenderloin?
No, it is not. Pork tenderloin is like a fat sausage, whilst a pork loin is like a large pork roasting joint.
Though I do not blame you, if you are confused as when I type air fryer pork tenderloin into Google, I note that recipes for air fryer pork loin come up. Then the same happens if I put instant pot pork tenderloin into Google too.
What I recommend you do is check out the pictures in our ninja pork tenderloin and then head over and check out our instant pot frozen pork loin and you can see a big difference in size.
Though note, both pork loin and pork tenderloin are delicious cuts of meat, it is just that loin is much bigger, and this will affect the cook times.
Cooking A Pork Tenderloin In The Ninja Foodi
For me, when I decided that I wanted to show you how to cook pork tenderloin in the Ninja Foodi, I wanted it to be special and not a carbon copy of our air fryer pork tenderloin or our instant pot frozen pork tenderloin.
I know many of you get a Ninja Foodi because it is an air fryer and an instant pot, and you can Google an instant pot recipe and then cook it in the Ninja Foodi.
But my approach is different.
I want to be able to enjoy the best of both worlds and therefore this pork recipe today features both the air fryer lid and the pressure cooker.
The pressure cooker makes the pork incredibly tender and its juicy and tender just like our air fryer duck breast, it is then air fried and OMG has the wow factor. I seriously struggled to wait to eat it before taking the photos!
Ninja Foodi Pork Tenderloin Recipe Ingredients
Pork Tenderloin – Any pork tenderloin will do, and you don’t have to use a pork tenderloin with stuffing like we have. Just make sure it is thawed or instead follow our instant pot frozen pork tenderloin recipe.
Vegetable Stock – I make a quick vegetable stock (which doubles as a pork gravy) from chopped vegetables. I added in carrots, celery, and garlic.
Apple Cider – This gives flavour to the pork tenderloin and is added into the pork just before you pressure cook it.
Apples – You can use either apples or pears. They are air fried with the pork tenderloin just before serving. It’s a great alternative to potatoes, though you can swap for potatoes if you prefer.
Seasonings – Because the pork I purchased was already stuffed with a tomato Portuguese stuffing, I didn’t feel the need to add a lot of seasonings. Instead I kept it simple with salt, pepper and oregano.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this Ninja Foodi recipe, it has just been our Ninja Foodi. We have this one and its wonderful for going from the pressure cooker to the air fryer at the flick of a switch.
How To Cook Pork Tenderloin In Ninja Foodi?
- Prep the vegetable stock. I recommend you start first by getting your vegetables ready first, that will be going into the bottom of the Ninja pressure cooker pot. You can also do this the day before if you want to reduce your prep time on the day.
- Add in the flavours. Next you want to pour in the apple cider and season your stock. You can also mix and match seasonings with your own taste.
- Add your pork. Next, I recommend placing your pork tenderloin over the vegetables and make sure it is in a good central position.
- Pressure cook. Next you need to pressure cook your pork and stock. I use this time to do any washing up and to cut up my apples ready for air frying.
- Air fry. Once your pork has finished pressure cooking and has done 5 minutes of natural pressure release, its time to air fry. I like to move the stock into another container or into my blender for making the pork gravy. Then I add the air fryer basket, move the pork to the air fryer basket and add in sliced apples. Then air fry.
- Pork Gravy. The gravy is of course optional, but worth the effort. Simply load leftover stock into a blender with a slice of the pork tenderloin and blitz. It is amazing poured over the pork tenderloin. You can also freeze leftover pork gravy for another pork dinner.
How Long To Cook Pork Tenderloin In Ninja Foodi?
The Ninja Foodi pork tenderloin cooking time is JUST 15 minutes. We start by doing a 5 minute pressure cook of the pork and then follow this with a 5 minute natural pressure release.
We then use the air fryer lid for 10 minutes for air frying the apples and making the pork tenderloin crispy.
What To Serve With Pork Tenderloin?
I just love to eat pork tenderloin as it is with some sliced apples. But that is because I am normally feeding 2 people. But if I want the meal to stretch to feed five then I will add in a few sides.
My favourite is air fryer roast potatoes that are cooked with rosemary and extra virgin olive oil.
More Delicious Pork Recipe Ideas
- Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Pork Loin & Potatoes
- Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Loin
- Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
Ninja Foodi Pork Tenderloin
- Peel and dice your carrots, Clean, and dice your celery. Load them into the Ninja cooking pot along with your seasonings and stir.
- Pour in apple cider and then place the pork tenderloin over. Pressure cook for 5 minutes, followed by another 5 minutes of natural pressure release.
- After manually releasing the pressure remove the liquid and put to one side. Place the air fryer basket in and add your pork tenderloin, along with sliced and peeled apple.
- Air fry for 10 minutes at 200c/400f before serving.