Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops. Let me introduce you to delicious frozen pork chops in the instant pot that are loaded with a delicious flourless pork chops gravy. Paired with flavoured couscous this is a fantastic fast instant pot pork chops meal.
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops
If you have checked out our other pork chops recipes on Recipe This, then I am sure you will be surprised when I say that I don’t like pork chops.
I was a vegetarian for many years and have always been rather fussy when it comes to meat on the bone and pork chops.
However, I will often make them for Dominic as I know how much he likes it and how much our readers enjoy our pork chops too.
If you have missed our previous pork chop recipes, then let me give you a quick recap.
We have already done air fryer breaded pork chops (readers favourite), air fryer boneless pork chops, air fryer keto pork chops and lets not forget the yummy instant pot pork chops with mushroom gravy.
I may not like pork chops and will often grab a chicken breast instead, but what I do love is the sauce and the couscous which I get excited about every time I make the hubby and the kids instant pot frozen pork chops.
And that is what today is all about. Not just frozen pork chops in the instant pot that are NOT tough, but about a one pot instant pot meal using frozen meat.
Go and grab your frozen pork chops from the freezer and let me show you my secret methods for transforming it in the instant pot.
Can You Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops?
Yes you can! The instant pot is perfect for frozen pork chops and unlike if you cooked frozen pork chops a different way, the instant pot helps make your pork chops incredibly tender.
Get your instant pot frozen pork chops on the dinner table and you will be amazed how good they taste and that nobody would ever know that you cooked them from frozen.
Cooking Frozen Pork Chops In Instant Pot #1 Problem
Do you ever have that problem when you freeze meat and it is so stuck together that you feel like you need industrial equipment to separate them?
That can happen a LOT when you buy frozen pork chops. They are often sold in a pack of pork chops and because they have been frozen like this, it can make it a nightmare to separate them.
But cooking frozen pork chops in the instant pot will solve this problem.
Simply load your wedged together frozen pork chops on zero minutes with a little liquid and they will be uncooked but good enough to separate. You can then make your frozen pork chops dinner as usual.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops & Gravy
I love to make instant pot frozen chops with gravy. I am a sauce girl and love a good sauce on my meat.
If you did not try our flourless cheese sauce yet, then I recommend you do, or our paleo sauce.
Both are cooked in the instant pot and don’t use any unhealthy ingredients. And work with a lot of different instant pot meals.
But that’s not the sauce I recommend for our instant pot frozen pork chops and gravy.
Instead the gravy we make for instant pot pork chops is made with potatoes as the thickener and the juices and liquid from the pork chops.
Using a hand blender, you blend spare potatoes and juices to make a creamy sauce. Then you can smother the sauce over your pork chops and its perfection.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops & Potatoes
I often will use all the potatoes and make a pork chops sauce. Then what I have leftover is frozen and makes excellent stock for next time I cook instant pot pork chops.
But you can also serve the leftover potatoes with your pork chops if that is your preference. Simply, take out ¾ of the potatoes and load onto plates prior to making your sauce and you then have pork chops and potatoes!
How To Cook Frozen Pork Chops In Instant Pot?
Cooking instant pot frozen pork chops is EASY.
- Sauté onion, garlic with olive oil in the instant pot.
- Deglaze the instant pot with white wine.
- Load potatoes and seasonings into the instant pot and stir.
- Add pork chops on top, pour over pork stock and cook for 3 minutes with QPR.
- Remove pork chops and use the remainder to make a gravy.
- Serve your pork chops with couscous and pork chops gravy.
How Long To Cook Frozen Pork Chops In Instant Pot?
The instant pot frozen pork chops cook time is 3 minutes with a quick pressure release. Its one of the quickest meals from frozen that you can cook in the instant pot.
Of course, this doesn’t include the time it takes for the pork chops to go to pressure or if you need to give your pork chops a kick start at 0 minutes.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops
- Sauté ½ peeled and diced red onion in the instant pot, with extra virgin olive oil and peeled but not diced garlic cloves. Stir in thyme.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Place frozen together pork chops in the instant pot over the wine. Pour over a cup of pork stock over the pork chops. Place the lid on the instant pot and cook for zero minutes. Use natural pressure release and remove the pork chops from the instant pot.
- Dice but do not peel your potatoes and load them into the instant pot.
- Load the pork chops back on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 3 minutes on manual pressure.
- Use QPR and remove the pork chops from the instant pot and load them onto dinner plates.
- Prepare your couscous. (see below recipe card for quick recipe).
- Using a hand blender mix the contents of the instant pot until you have a thick creamy potato sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops and serve your pork chops with couscous.
Easy Pork Chops Couscous
I love a flavoured couscous for serving with pork chops. Much easier than rice and often cheaper too.
Load a cup of couscous into a serving bowl with 1 cup of water from the stock of the instant pot and 1 cup of boiled water. Stir. Add a lid and leave it for 10 minutes.
Come back, stir again, and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: