This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Instant Pot Pork Loin And Potatoes. How to cook a pork loin with potatoes in the instant pot pressure cooker. A wonderful dump and start instant pot pork dinner with fast prep and a delicious flavour.
Instant Pot Pork Loin & Potatoes
Note to self: I must eat more instant pot pork loin and load the freezer with seasonal pork loins.
Because pork loin in the instant pot is so easy, tastes delicious and makes me wish I had it more often!
I grew up in England with the love for the carvery. Those outside of England that have not heard of the carvery, let me tell you that they are the roast dinner buffet.
Not as much choice as you get nowadays at a classic buffet, but you could pick and choose which roasted meat you would like.
Then you would load your plate with potatoes, vegetables, and gravy.
There would be roast beef, roast turkey, roast lamb, and of course roast pork. But when people had the choice of the more expensive cuts of meat such as lamb and beef, pork would always be left over.
Both Dominic and I have both worked at carvery restaurants and it was the perk of the job to have access to the leftovers.
This would normally be pork and potatoes. It was delicious especially with whatever else was leftover, but since those days we have neglected our love for pork loin.
It is not a thing here in Portugal and instead its all about the pork shoulder and the pork tenderloin.
Last Boxing Day there was some pork loin on sale that didn’t sell in time for Christmas shoppers, I grabbed one and thought it would be perfect for making some instant pot pork loin and potatoes.
Sadly, I only bought one.
But next time I will make up for it and buy a few, freeze them and cook frozen pork loin in the instant pot. Now that would be something!
Can You Instant Pot Pork Loin?
Yes you can, but take size into account. When we cooked our instant pot pork loin, we trimmed the edge of because we wanted it to cook flat in the instant pot and it wouldn’t be able to if it was the size we bought it in.
It was about 2cms too big.
The remainder was air fried and we had it with some vegetables, and it wasn’t wasted.
How To Instant Pot Pork Loin?
There are of course many different versions of pork loin that you could cook in the instant pot.
You might prefer mashed potatoes with your pork loin, or baked potatoes, or crunched potatoes like the Aussies do so well.
What I want to focus on in our instant pot pork loin and potatoes recipe is large potatoes that you can adapt to your liking and pork juices that you can reuse if you want pork gravy.
Or like how we had our instant pot pork loin, with a salad and some salad dressing.
Instant Pot Pork Loin Ideas
Let’s start with some instant pot pork loin ideas that will make your instant pot pork loin and potatoes even better.
- Instant Pot Pork Loin & Mashed Potatoes – Cut your potatoes into quarters instead of keeping them whole. Then after the pork has been removed from the instant pot, use the juices from the instant pot to make mashed potatoes with.
- Instant Pot Pork Loin & Crushed Potatoes – Bash your whole potatoes with a potato masher, add a little pork stock and plenty of cheese and garlic.
- Instant Pot Pork Loin & Gravy – Blend the pork juices with one of your potatoes. You then have a creamy potato and pork gravy. It is easy and it is fast.
- Instant Pot Pork Loin & Baked Potatoes – This is how we had our pork loin. If you want solid baked potatoes that are not falling apart, focus on potatoes above the water.
If you see from this picture the baked potatoes below the water have turned to mush but those higher up are perfect:
How To Cook Instant Pot Pork Loin?
Cooking instant pot pork loin and potatoes is EASY.
- Sauté an onion in the instant pot and deglaze with white wine.
- Insert the trivet.
- Load the pork loin onto the trivet and season.
- Balance large potatoes around the sides of the pork.
- Cook for 45 minutes, slice and serve.
Instant Pot Pork Loin Cook Time
The instant pot pork loin cook time is an hour. This ensures that the pork loin is fully cooked and that for a big pork loin like ours that it is not raw in the middle.
If you are cooking a much smaller pork loin, then I recommend reducing the cook time to 45 minutes.
Air Fryer Pork Crackling
- Once your pork has been removed from the instant pot, remove the fat from the pork loin and load into the air fryer basket or on the air fryer grill pan.
- Cook your pork fat for 10 minutes at 200c/400f and you will have amazing air fryer pork crackling.
- Slice and eat.
Instant Pot Pork Loin And Potatoes
- Peel and slice an onion and sauté it in the instant pot with extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the onion has started to brown deglaze the instant pot with white wine.
- Cancel sauté and load the trivet into the instant pot.
- Position the pork over the trivet and fill gaps with your potatoes.
- Sprinkle seasoning over pork and potatoes.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for an hour on the meat/stew setting.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes then manually release pressure.
- Remove the pork from the instant pot, remove the string and using a knife carve off the fat.
- Load the fat into the air fryer for pork crackling and cook for 10 minutes at 200c/400f.
- Slice your pork loin and serve with potatoes and pork crackling.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: