Ninja Foodi Asparagus Wrapped In Bacon
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
If you love asparagus and love bacon, then you will love Ninja Foodi asparagus wrapped in bacon.
Prepping asparagus for the Ninja Foodi is so easy and perfect for serving with your favourite meat or seafood for an effortless lunch or dinner.
This is an updated post. We originally shared with you all about cooking asparagus wrapped in bacon in the instant pot back in 2017. This is the updated post converted to the ninja foodi.
Asparagus In Ninja Foodi
Yesterday I showed you how easy it is to cook asparagus in the instant pot, but what if you could take it to the next level?
Cook the asparagus in the Ninja Foodi instead and then use its other best function and add some bacon and then use the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer to crisp up the bacon.
Then your simple steamed asparagus in the Ninja Foodi becomes asparagus wrapped in crispy bacon.
You can season it however you want and then serve it with your favourite meat or fish for the perfect light lunch.
Such as our Ninja Foodi chicken breast or our air fryer frozen salmon.
Are You New To The Ninja Foodi?
We created a fantastic Ninja Foodi ECookbook and it is fantastic for easy, beginner friendly Ninja Foodi recipes that use a mix of the sauté, slow cook, pressure cook and air fryer functions. You can find out more about it here.
Plus, as well as our extremely popular Ninja Foodi cookbook, we also have both a FREE instant pot mini course and air fryer mini course, which are both compatible with the Ninja Foodi.
Click here or on the links above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can I Do Bacon In My Ninja Foodi?
Yes, you can do bacon in the Ninja Foodi. We are such fans of Ninja Foodi bacon, that we have both a bacon recipe and a Ninja Foodi bacon video.
But as well as just cooking bacon in the Ninja Foodi you can use the Ninja Foodi to wrap bacon around your favourite foods for the ultimate bacon experience. Such as the Ninja Foodi bacon wrapped asparagus that we are sharing with you today.
Ninja Foodi Salmon & Asparagus
My favourite way to serve my asparagus is with salmon. You can cook both salmon and asparagus in the Ninja Foodi and nothing stops you doing them together at the same time.
I recommend you follow our Ninja Foodi salmon recipe and then pair it with asparagus and just keep an eye on the cook times and temps to coordinate it into a great lunch.
How To Cook Asparagus In Ninja Foodi?
Cooking asparagus in the Ninja Foodi is broken up into two parts.
Ninja Foodi Steamed Asparagus – The first part is steaming the asparagus in the Ninja Foodi and taking it to almost cooked. This decreases the air fryer time and really speeds up the process of cooking the asparagus.
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Asparagus – The next step is to remove the asparagus from the Ninja and then wrap it in bacon before air frying. This gives you the crispy bacon skin and finishes cooking the asparagus.
Below we will show you this as well as other tips for ninja foodi asparagus so that yours will be perfect every single time.
Would you like easy & amazing Ninja Foodi recipes from air fryer and pressure cooker experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST Ninja Foodi beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful Ninja Foodi resources.
Asparagus Ninja Foodi Ingredients
Asparagus – You will need one pack of asparagus, though you could do two packs at once if you prefer.
Water – You will need 1 cup of water (240ml) to bring the Ninja Foodi to pressure.
Bacon – Then you will need one pack of bacon to wrap around the asparagus once it has completed its pressure cook. I like to use back bacon as less fatty and cooks really well.
Butter – I love to pressure cook the asparagus with some butter. Makes the asparagus taste even better.
Seasoning – You can keep it simple with salt and pepper, or add your own favourite seasoning such as tarragon, mixed herbs, basil etc.
Optional – You can also pair your ninja foodi asparagus with some meat or fish. My favourite is salmon fillets, though you can mix and match with what you have in.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this asparagus wrapped in bacon recipe it has just been our Ninja Foodi. We have this one and it’s my favourite and great for a lot of recipes that need a pressure cook and an air fry.
I also recommend that you get an expandable steamer basket like this one we have. It’s fantastic for steaming veggies as well as for potatoes for mash, fish and so many others.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our Ninja Foodi Recipes category as we have a growing collection of tried and tested Ninja Foodi recipes and have been air frying for 10 years, pressure cooking for 5 years and owned Ninja Foodi’s for 2 years.
How To Cook Asparagus With Bacon?
- Load. Place a cup of water into your ninja foodi and then add in your air fryer basket. Add the asparagus.
- Cook. Place the lid on the ninja foodi, set the valve to sealing and cook for 0 minutes.
- Crisp. Then remove the air fryer basket and remove the water. Wrap the asparagus in bacon and place back into the air fryer basket.
- Cook. Air fry for a further 6 minutes at 200c/400f before serving.
And I am sure you can see now how simple and easy it is to cook asparagus wrapped in bacon in the Ninja Foodi.
How Long Do You Steam Asparagus In A Ninja Foodi?
Because you don’t want the asparagus to be mushy and you want to be able to crisp it with the bacon, I recommend a cook time of JUST zero minutes.
You probably think what on earth is zero minutes?
Well that simply means taking the ninja foodi to pressure and then releasing the pressure.
What Temp To Cook Asparagus?
Crispy asparagus in the Ninja Foodi needs a temperature of 200c/400f otherwise it will not crisp up the bacon enough.
After all, who wants uncrispy bacon?
Ninja Foodi Asparagus Tips & Tricks
- Cut the end off the asparagus whilst the asparagus is still bunched together. It will make the process much faster.
- I recommend cutting the asparagus enough at the end so that it will fit in your air fryer basket.
- If serving alone, I recommend a little bowl of mayonnaise to dunk into your just cooked asparagus and bacon.
- Steam the asparagus with a little butter. It makes the asparagus taste even better once cooked.
- I use the air fryer basket for steaming and for air frying. You then don’t create extra washing up and its easy to transfer out the water and move from one process to the other.
- I recommend prepping the bacon whilst the asparagus is steaming, it will help organise yourself and you will then be ready when the asparagus is cooked.
- You can keep the same time and temp for cooking asparagus from frozen as you would from fresh.
More Simple Ninja Foodi Recipes
- Ninja Foodi Salmon
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast
- Ninja Foodi Pork Chops
- Ninja Foodi Steak
- Ninja Foodi Roast Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Sprouts
Your ninja foodi asparagus recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free instant pot ebooks and useful instant pot cook time charts and so much more.
Ninja Foodi Asparagus Wrapped In Bacon
- 200 g Pack Asparagus
- 100 g Pack Back Bacon
- Salt & Pepper
- Mayonnaise optional
- Place a cup of water (240ml) into the ninja foodi cooking pot or if using an 8qt or 10qt, increase this to 2 cups. Then add in your air fryer basket.
- Chop the end off the asparagus, so that it fits your air fryer basket, then discard the end and the band and then place in the air fryer basket.
- Season the asparagus well with salt and pepper and add some butter.
- Place the lid on the ninja foodi, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 0 minutes followed by a quick pressure release.
- Then remove the air fryer basket, remove the water, and wrap the asparagus in bacon.
- Place the air fryer basket back into the ninja foodi and cook for 6 minutes on air fry function at 200c/400f.
- Then when the Ninja Foodi beeps then your asparagus wrapped in bacon is ready to serve.
I was sceptical at first but followed your instructions and as usual my asparagus turned out great and tasted amazing many thanks and keep up the good work.