Welcome to how to make pepper sauce without cream recipe.
I have to admit that I love a pepper sauce with my steak. It is a sauce relationship that I have had for more years than I care to remember.
I think the first time I was shown how to make pepper sauce was when I was about 10 years old. There was a meat factory about 3 miles away from our house and on a Saturday morning local residents would go down and get reduced price steak. The steak was delicious and the price was a lot better than what you would pay in the supermarket.
My dad would then take charge of the kitchen (the only time I really recall him cooking) and would make the most amazing steak sauce to go with the steak. It would have peppercorns and I would love watching him cooking the brandy and all the flames it used to create. He even did about 2 versions so that I could have cheese in it and so that I could stay away from mushrooms as I absolutely hated them and still do.
Fast forward a decade and Dominic was working in that same factory. The only difference is that we were on staff rates and would pay less than £1 for a piece of steak and he would come home with loads of it. While he was in charge of cooking the steak I did the sauce. There would be way too much single cream, a lot of cheese and it would have this weird orange colour due to the cheese and the herbs I used to add.
It was of course delicious but neither my sauce or my dads sauce would ever be considered low calorie or healthy.
So when we decided to show you as part of our cooking tips category how to make a pepper sauce we decided to make a healthier version that you would feel less guilty about having with your steak.
Oh and did I say that just because it is lower calorie doesn’t mean it isn’t delicious?How To Make #Pepper #Sauce Without Cream Via @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- In a wok or frying pan add your diced onion, garlic, mustard and olive oil and cook on a medium heat for 3 minutes or until the onions have a lovely golden colour.
- Add the brandy and cook it out to reduce the alcohol and so that you can have that lovely brandy flavour in your cooking.
- Add the soft cheese and the milk and mix well until it forms a creamy thick sauce. It will have the same texture of double cream just without the calories.
- Add the seasoning and mix for a further couple of minutes.
- Serve with steak and fries.