Air Fryer Zucchini Fries With Tzatziki Dip
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries With Tzatziki Dip. Delicious crispy zucchini fries cooked in the air fryer and served with a Greek Tzatziki Dip. Totally healthy, these Zucchini fries will be a guilt free veggie French Fries alternative in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries is a delicious Milner family favourite and is updated to reflect our current readership. Originally published on RecipeThis.com back in 2016, read the post below to find out the real reason for the update!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries is one of our all-time favourite alternatives to French Fries in the air fryer. Its one of those veggie fries recipes that you can get the kids involved in making and they will forget that they are eating zucchini instead of potatoes.
For my little ones (they are both under 5 as I write this) today’s Air Fryer Zucchini Fries recipe is a special day for them. Yesterday we received a delivery from Amazon that included their own set of kids kitchen knives and they helped me chop the zucchini and the cucumber that goes in the Tzatziki Dip.
My kids love cooking with me, and today’s zucchini recipe was their recipe and their moment.
Of course, there was a bit of mess, but I smiled and a quick wipe up and we were ready for cooking zucchini fries in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries Vs Air Fryer Courgette Chips
But first let me tell you EXACTLY why I am updating and changing the name of our Air Fryer Courgette Chips to Air Fryer Zucchini Fries.
In a nutshell it is a cultural thing. When we started RecipeThis.com we had a bigger UK audience to now having a bigger US audience. Also, the biggest question we ever get asked here is what is a courgette?
I was born in England and live in Portugal. Today as we publish this post it is EXACTLY 7 years ago today that we arrived in Vermont to visit out family in America for the first time.
All the TV we watch is American and a lot of the way Portuguese people learn English is American. Add to this building relationships with a lot of American bloggers and brands, it feels like the perfect time to make our earlier recipes, easier for our American readers to understand.
Whether you live in England and call them courgettes or live in America and call them zucchini, I am sure you can relate to the fact that they make a delicious healthy snack in the air fryer!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries No Breading
I get it. You want zucchini fries as a healthier alternative and you follow a gluten free diet. You might follow Keto, Paleo or a general Low Carb Diet and this is when you want delicious Zucchini Fries that are diet friendly.
Well this is EXACTLY what I am offering you today. Our Zucchini fries in the air fryer have no breading and instead use my favourite Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free products instead.
You can get Bob’s Red Mill products at Thrive Market and save a small fortune off your first order too.
My #1 Secret Ingredient is Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran. You would of course associate it with breakfast. BUT it is a fantastic in between product. It is rough like breadcrumbs and not smooth like oat flour. It is also not too rough like oats. It makes an amazing coating for when you make zucchini fries and want to keep them Paleo and low carb friendly.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries Ingredients
The ingredients in my zucchini fries in the air fryer are simple ingredients that most of us will have in our pantry.
- Zucchini – I used some supermarket bought Zucchinis. One big one or 2 medium zucchinis is all that you need.
- Gluten Free Baking Flour – We used Bob’s Red Mill baking flour. The zucchini was rolled in the baking flour prior to the beaten egg.
- Eggs – I added 2 large eggs to a bowl and used a fork to quickly mix them ready for dunking my zucchini in. You can use any type of egg or use an egg alternative. As long as it is sticky it will do the trick. I like to use coconut oil as a plan B if I am on an egg free diet.
- Gluten Free Oat Bran – I rolled my zucchini fries after they had been in the baking flour and the eggs in gluten free oat bran. It gave it the same texture as breadcrumbs. Of course, you could use breadcrumbs, or another alternative instead.
Tzatziki Dip Ingredients
There are just a handful of ingredients for making Tzatziki Dip and I had them all in the fridge and pantry, so no need for extra grocery shopping.
- Cucumber – I always think of cucumber when I have Tzatziki Dip. It reminds me of holidays in the Greek Isles and is so delicious. Thinly sliced into tiny cubes and its ready.
- Mint – It must be fresh mint for it to taste good in a Tzatziki Dip. Thinly sliced and add it to the bowl with your cucumber.
- Greek Yoghurt – Add in Greek yoghurt for that amazing Mediterranean taste, or if you are on Paleo swap it for a dairy free alternative.
- Dill – A sprinkling of dried dill gives it that fabulous Greek look and dill tastes amazing too. We used this dried dill and think the organic of dried herbs.
- Lemon – Add in lemon and you’re all set.
MORE Air Fryer Veggie Recipes
I love cooking vegetables in the air fryer. Zucchini fries is one of my favourites, but these other air fryer veggie recipes are delicious too.
Here are a few more Air Fryer Veggie Recipes:
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries With Tzatziki Dip
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 150 g Gluten Free Oat Bran
- 100 g Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 2 Large Eggs beaten
- Pinch Dried Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- ½ Small Cucumber thinly diced
- 1 Small Lemon juice only
- Handful Fresh Mint thinly chopped
- Pinch Dried Dill
- Start by making the zucchini fries. In one bowl add the beaten egg, in another bowl the baking flour and in a third the oat bran. Season the oat bran bowl with salt and pepper as well as some dried garlic.
- Slice your zucchini into zucchini fries and smother them in the baking flour, the egg and the oat bran. Making sure they get a good coating of each.
- Place your zucchini fries in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 180c/360f, followed by a further 5 minutes at 200c/400f.
- While the zucchini fries are cooking you can make your Tzatziki Dip. Place all the Tzatziki Dip ingredients into a bowl and mix with a fork.
- When done serve your zucchini fries with your Tzatziki Dip.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Facebook Group | Pinterest | Twitter
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: