Air Fryer Rump Roast. How to cook a rump roast in an air fryer. This angus beef rump roast is cooked in the air fryer with roast potatoes, roast carrots and roast parsnips for the ultimate dump it in the air fryer roast beef dinner for two.
Before we dive into this air fryer recipe, I have something even better than our air fryer rump roast for you to check out first.
It is our Learn Your Air Fryer online course and our free air fryer mini course. They are ideal for air fryer beginners. The free course runs for 5 days and is in the format of an email miniseries. While the learn your air fryer course runs every week with a new PDF and ecookbook for a whole year.
Or browse our site as we have 450+ air fryer recipes that are easy to recreate at home and we have been showing people how to use the air fryer since 2011.
Air Fryer Rump Roast
I have been air frying for 9 years (at the time of writing this) and my latest obsession is air fryer meals.
I love the idea that you can treat the air fryer like the slow cooker or the instant pot and make a complete meal in the air fryer.
I am often guilty of having a LOT of air fryer recipes that fall under sides, or meats and love coming up with an easier option where you can do everything at once.
In them I have used the gaps around the meat to be able to add in potatoes and vegetables.
Note that this is done with a medium air fryer and not a HUGE air fryer. To prove that you can make a full air fryer meal in the regular sized air fryer baskets.
Back on Boxing Day, I was in my local British supermarket and they had 1 kilo (2.2 pounds) reduced priced rump roasts. You know the ones, the ones you get in a box and are often a rolled roast.
I took one look at it and thought how ideal it was for cooking in the air fryer for you and to show you how to make a simple roast beef dinner.
Can You Cook A Rump Roast In An Air Fryer?
Yes you can. I love to cook roast beef roasting joints in my air fryer and they come out perfect every time.
I have cooked rump roasts, topside and silverside in the air fryer. But I don’t recommend braising steak (chuck roast) because it just doesn’t get tender enough and is better suited to the slow cooker or instant pot.
2lb Rump Roast In Air Fryer
The rolled rump roast I bought, said that it was a 1kg roasting joint. Because I had bought it frozen and then thawed it ready for the air fryer, I wanted to double check.
After all, is the weight frozen or fresh?
I weighed out the rump roast and sure enough it was 1 kilo which works out at 2.2 pounds.
If you have a 2lb rump roast that you want to cook in the air fryer, then follow our recipe.
How To Cook A Rump Roast In An Air Fryer?
This is how crazy simple it is to cook a rump roast in an air fryer:
- Load rump roast into the air fryer.
- Add roast potatoes in the gaps.
- Air fry + turn.
- Swap the potatoes for vegetables + air fry.
- Warm up more sides + serve.
You can probably see now why I am so obsessed with cooking roasts in the air fryer.
Beef Rump Roast Dinner In The Air Fryer
Take a look at this plate of delicious air fryer food:
You are probably thinking that there is no way you could fit all that in the Philips Air Fryer XL.
Well, you are right.
But it doesn’t mean we are not going to make the best rump roast dinner.
- You cook rump roast along with roast potatoes.
- Then when you turn your rump roast you swap roast potatoes for vegetables.
- Then when its done and your rump roast is resting you warm up roast potatoes with frozen Yorkshire puddings and gravy.
Then you have an all in one air fryer meal of rump roast, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, roasted carrots, roasted parsnips and gravy.
Best of all, the vegetables are a frozen bag from the supermarket, so no prep with those.
Your only prep is your potatoes and seasoning your rump.
If you want something simple for a Sunday dinner or maybe its Christmas and you want something easy, well this is it!
What Else Is A Rump Roast Called?
If you have not heard of a rump roast, maybe it is called something else where you live?
A rump roast is also known as bottom round roast or a round tip roast.
Or a butcher would tell you that it’s called a rump roast because it has a triangular shaped tip from the rump end of the round.
More Roasts In The Air Fryer
Are you looking for even more air fryer roasting ideas? Well, you are in luck because we love using either our air fryer basket or our air fryer oven to make them in:
- Air Fryer Leg Of Lamb
- Air Fryer Roast Duck
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken Dinner
- Air Fryer Ham
- Air Fryer Pork Roast
Air Fryer Rump Roast
- Score the rump roast and season well with salt, pepper, and thyme. Place in the air fryer basket.
- In a bowl add peeled and sliced roast potatoes. Add salt, pepper, rosemary, and extra virgin olive oil and mix with your hands. Place in the gaps in the air fryer and cook for 25 minutes at 160c/320f.
- When the air fryer beeps remove the roast potatoes and put to one side. Turn the rump roast, season the other side, and add frozen vegetables into the gaps. Air fry for a further 25 minutes for medium or 35 minutes for well done.
- When the air fryer beeps plate up the roasted vegetables, allow the rump to rest and load the air fryer with frozen Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, and gravy. Cook for a further 3 minutes at the same temperature.
- Slice your roast beef. Serve and enjoy.