Welcome to our airfryer 10 minute smartie cookies.
I don’t know about you but I LOVE Smarties. Traditionally they are always for the kids. But us adults love them too! We normally have them at Christmas when they are in our kid’s selection boxes but sometimes I just buy them for baking with.
I particularly love Smarties in cookies. They taste amazing when cooked and melt in your mouth. Stick them on top of a chocolate cake, in chocolate biscuits or even in your chocolate fondue.
I was baking some chocolate biscuits in the Airfryer with Dominic last week and I mentioned that they looked really boring and needed some colour to them. We had a look in the cupboard and found an extra packet of Smarties that were leftover from Christmas and couldn’t help ourselves. Obviously we ate some as we were baking and some did make it into the cookies.
Then we had them with some warm milk as it is freezing here in Portugal and these 10c evenings are taking its toll on us!
- 100g Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 1Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 5Tbsp Milk
- 3Tbsp Cocoa
- ⅓ Tube Of Smarties
- 50g White Chocolate
- Preheat the airfryer to 180c.
- Mix the cocoa, flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Rub in the butter and add the vanilla essence and mix really well.
- Using a rolling pin smash up your white chocolate so that they are a mix of medium and really small chocolate chips.
- Add the chocolate and the milk to your cookie mix and mix well.
- Knead your mixture well until it is nice and soft and add a little more milk if you need to.
- Roll out your mixture and using a cookie cutter form into nice biscuit shapes.
- Place the Smarties into the top of the cookies so that they are half in the cookie and half out in the open.
- Place the cookies into the airfryer on a baking sheet and cook for ten minutes at 180c.
- Serve with warm milk.
We have put together 26 favourite recipes for you to enjoy with your Airfryer that are all focused around Airfryer desserts. We have apple pie, chocolate brownie, apple chips, Victoria sponge and even chocolate chip cookie dough.
We are huge fans of our Airfryer and even more so, now that we have tried out desserts and realised that there is more to Airfryer life than a portion of French Fries.
You can get your hands on it by clicking here.