Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today we are entering the world of Instant Pot cheesecakes with my Instant Pot Easy Oreo Cheesecake Recipe. Full to bursting with Oreos and soft cheese and perfect for a quick and easy cheesecake that as a whole family you can enjoy together!
Okay confessions time. I have never ever made a cheesecake in my life. Well unless you could the time I mixed the cheese in a college cookery class when I was a teen. Its not that I don’t like cheesecakes (because I do) but with the boys preferring chocolate cake over a cheesecake or homemade cookies over shop bought Oreos it just has never happened.
But if there is a type of cooking associated with the Instant Pot, then it is the cheesecake and I thought I better jump on the bandwagon and see how difficult it actually is to make an Instant Pot cheesecake.
Well I have to say here and now it is easiest thing I have ever made in the Instant Pot and I insist that you try this recipe and see what I am talking about and how simple it is.
If presentation isn’t your thing and your cakes always sink, well that will be a thing of the past once you give this easy Oreo cheesecake of mine a quick go.
It is ready incredibly quickly and is perfect for serving your kids at their birthday party rather than making a cake and best of all it tastes AMAZING!
But BEWARE it is incredibly sickly and you can’t have more than once slice thanks to the huge amount of Oreos and sugar in it! I love sugar but I can’t manage more than one slice of this. Oh and don’t Google the calories as you will never want to eat it if you knew the calories…..#InstantPot Easy #Oreo #Cheesecake #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Place the mini Oreos into a sandwich bag and hammer them with a rolling pin until they resemble biscuit crumbs. If you have any big bits left save them for later.
- Mix the Oreo biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and rub them together until the mixture is like hard but wet breadcrumbs.
- Use a little flour for the bottom and sides to stop it from sticking and then place the biscuit base in the bottom of the cake tin.
- In a blender mix together a handful of fresh mint with 2 large Oreo biscuits until the Oreos are like breadcrumbs and you can’t see any big bits of mint.
- In a mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, mix the sugar into the soft cheese until it becomes lovely and creamy.
- Add the vanilla essence, the eggs, the icing sugar and mix with the low setting on the hand mixer until it is all well mixed in and has a lovely creamy texture that is similar to a white sauce.
- Stir in with a wooden spoon the blended mint and Oreos from earlier.
- Place the cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base and then smooth it down with a fish knife to prevent any bubbles so that it looks perfect.
- Place 200ml into the bottom of your Instant Pot, place the steam shelf on top and the cake on top of this.
- Put the Instant Pot lid on top and set it to sealing. Cook for 40 minutes on the manual setting and then a further 10 minutes on the keep warm. After it has finished its cool down manually remove the lid and using the steaming shelf for support remove the cheesecake tin.
- Leave it on the side for an hour so that it can cool down before it is fridged.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge for 4 hours to cool and then remove from the fridge and decorate it. Add some sprinkled milk chocolate, chopped up Oreos and some extra fresh mint.
I also found that this recipe could be used as a base and you could change it for other chocolate products in case Oreos is not your thing!
Because we are using a 7 inch cake tin over the steaming shelf, it is very easy to remove the cheesecake tin. Don’t think you need extra accessories as you don’t.