Welcome to how to make a Spanish Potato Omelette (Patatas De Tortilla) recipe.
Today is our son Kyle’s 15th birthday. To celebrate his favourite foods today we are walking you through his favourite Spanish tapas dish and talking about when we had it on holiday in Spain earlier this year.
Have you ever visited somewhere for lunch off the beaten track and known that you will never find it again and that the food is so amazing it will be such a waste?
Well this is exactly what happened to us. We were on a road trip travelling through Spain on our way to our holiday. It was on the Seville to Granada stretch and you had lots of views of the Sierra Nevada as you travelled. The scenery was absolutely stunning and I am sure Dominic was envious that he was doing the driving so he couldn’t enjoy it as much as me and the kids.
We were starving so we stopped off at a café come restaurant off the beaten track and ordered some platters of food. It was a really quaint place and it had me thinking that I wished motorway restaurants were like this more often rather than just selling some cheap pastries and loads of processed foods.
Well we had lots of Spanish sausages, some bacon, some eggs and shared a huge platter of Patatas De Tortilla. The tortilla was amazing and the top of it was layered in chilled olive oil which made the moment even more special.
The Patatas De Tortilla was the nicest one I have ever tried and trust me I have had a lot over the years. It was full of flavour and for something that I would consider to be very much a frugal meal was stunning.
This version is to celebrate everything Spanish and to show that even though you’re saving money you can still make amazing dishes.How To Make A #Spanish #Potato Omelette (Patatas De Tortilla) via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- 9 Eggs (beaten)
- 300g Potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Put your potatoes into a steamer and steam for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Add the potatoes to a frying pan, skillet or wok and then add your beaten eggs. Put on a medium heat and cook until you can see the edges of the tortilla going soft.
- Place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the tortilla is cooked in the centre.
- When ready chop up into pieces and serve with a splash of olive oil.