Welcome to my Brazilian Air Fryer mini turkey pies recipe. Using a tiny bit of brown turkey meat along with a delicious homemade tomato sauce this recipe shouts out Brazilian street food.
I love Brazilian food and have been hooked on it ever since we moved to Portugal in 2008. When we moved here it soon became the norm to eat a lot of Brazilian and Argentinean food thanks to all the different expats that live here.
There is lots of red meat wherever you go such as Brazilian barbeques and steakhouses but what we love is the little snacks you can get like the little pies on offer. They make a great snack for whenever you are out and about and you could take them with you to the beach if you wanted to.
This particular recipe is loosely based upon the traditional Brazilian fish mini pies, but because we like to be different and because we had so much leftover turkey from thanksgiving last month we have adapted them into a delicious turkey pie.
Or because a big fat pie doesn’t fit in our air fryer we have mini turkey pies but I am sure you get the idea
Also unlike with the traditional turkey pot pie our filling is tomato based with extra milk to give it that lovely pale colour and means it is a lot less in calories than the super creamy white sauce one that we all so used to.
Even better with this recipe it only needs a very small amount of turkey making it very frugal for when you are on a limited budget but want a delicious meal.#Brazilian #AirFryer Mini #Turkey #Pies Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- 8 Slices Filo Pastry
- 50g Shredded Turkey
- 1 Small Egg (beaten)
- 50ml Coconut Milk
- 50ml Whole Milk
- 200ml Tomato Sauce (get our recipe here)
- 20ml Turkey Stock
- 1Tsp Oregano
- 1Tbsp Mixed Spice
- 1Tbsp Coriander
- Salt & Pepper
- Place your wet ingredients into a mixing bowl apart from the egg and mix well.
- You will now have a pale looking sauce that will be the stock for your pie. Add the turkey and seasoning and mix again. Put to one side.
- Line your little pie cases with a little flour to stop them sticking and then line with the filo pastry. Aim for one sheet of filo for each pie you are doing and have it centred so that you can then fold over the spare pastry for the top of the pie.
- Add the mixture to each mini pie pot so that they are ¾ full.
- Cover the top with the remaining pastry and then brush the egg along the top.
- Place in the Air Fryer for 10 minutes on 180c.