Soup Maker Turkey Soup. How to make a delicious creamy leftover turkey soup in the soup maker. Using the Morphy Richards Soup Maker this is a quick leftover turkey loaded soup. It is full of flavour and perfect for adapting with leftover turkey, chicken, or ham.
Soup Maker Turkey Soup
I love a creamy turkey soup in the soup maker and our soup maker turkey soup is not the first. In fact, the first leftover turkey soup we ever made in the soup maker is our roast dinner leftover soup.
That was inspired by blending our leftover roast dinner (works well for Christmas or Thanksgiving food too) so that our daughter Sofia who was 13 months, had her own Christmas dinner.
It was so delicious that it has been a Boxing Day soup observed in the Milner house for the last 5 years and I am sure the same will apply this Christmas too.
But our leftover roast dinner soup is aimed at a full meal that is loaded into the soup maker and what about when you have spare turkey and nothing else?
Or what about when you buy a rotisserie chicken or cook our air fryer rotisserie chicken and have leftovers?
You are sick of just eating turkey on its own and want a quick and easy, super lazy turkey soup recipe.
Well this is EXACTLY what you get in our soup maker turkey soup.
Easy Soup With Leftover Turkey
I became a food blogger because I was obsessed with cooking. Because I am obsessed with writing about food and because I want to show people how easy it is to cook with gadgets.
The rest of the Milner’s will put the breaks on me and my passion, otherwise I will be posting 10 new recipes a day with no stop button.
I just love it so much.
But one part of cooking I am obsessed with and its like a natural high is cooking with leftovers. I love to stretch meals. I love to make lots of things from one roast turkey and I love to have a freezer full of meals so that on those lazy tired days we have great food to eat.
This easy soup with leftover turkey ticks all the boxes:
- It is so fast there is barely any prep
- You can freeze your leftover turkey soup for another day
- It is a creamy turkey soup but without a can of cream soup
Turkey Soup Ingredients
Turkey soup ingredients can be mixed and matched depending on what food you have in. I am not one for going grocery shopping just for a single extra vegetable that might work well in your turkey soup.
Instead work with what turkey soup ingredients you have in.
In our version of turkey soup the ingredients included:
- Shredded vegetables – We used the same ones that we use in our instant pot egg roll in a bowl recipe. We had a bag spare in the kitchen, and it saved on veggie prep.
- Potatoes – We used some spare white potatoes, but you could swap this for butternut squash or sweet potatoes.
- Turkey Stock – Either turkey stock or turkey gravy that is leftover from when you cooked your roast turkey. Adds amazing flavour to a turkey soup.
- Leftover Turkey – You can use turkey from the breast, leg, wing, thigh or drumstick. You can also use leftover chicken or ham instead.
Turkey Soup Seasoning
The turkey soup seasoning is about personal choice. Do you want a turkey soup that is more French? Or what about Mediterranean? Or what about a turkey taco version?
Add seasoning that is based on the flavour of leftover turkey soup that you want to eat.
For us we went with a curried turkey soup and added:
- Salt & Pepper
How Do I Make Turkey Soup With Leftover Turkey?
Cooking turkey soup in the soup maker is one of the EASIEST EVER leftover turkey methods.
- Add turkey stock, broth, or gravy.
- Slice in 3 medium sized white potatoes.
- Add shredded vegetables on top making sure the lid will attach to the soup maker.
- Cook for 20 minutes on the chunky soup setting.
- Remove the lid, add shredded turkey, seasoning and Greek yoghurt.
- Blitz with the blender button.
Leftover Turkey Soup In Soup Maker
Compared to using a pan and making leftover turkey soup on the stove, you need to make a few slight adjustments if using the soup maker.
- Make sure your turkey stock or gravy is at the bottom as it will stop it from sticking.
- Limit potatoes to what will fit in the soup maker as space is limited.
- Manually turn off your soup maker after 20 minutes because the default soup maker time is too long.
- Turkey and blending are done after cook time allowing you to get more soup than would normally fit in a soup maker.
Soup Maker Turkey Soup
- Load into the bottom of your soup maker 200ml of turkey stock.
- Dice potatoes with skin still on and mix with the turkey stock.
- Add shredded vegetables on top, using as much as will fit.
- Place the lid on the soup maker and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the lid, add in seasonings, shredded turkey, and add Greek yoghurt.
- Place the lid back on the soup maker.
- Then blend the soup using the blend button.
- Pour into bowls and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: