Welcome to my bottom of the fridge leftover turkey muffins in the air fryer recipe.
Create magical turkey and vegetable muffins using all those leftover vegetables that were meant for the rubbish bin.
Today marks 23 years since my Grandad died of lung cancer. I was 11 years old at the time and heartbroken that someone that had such a big influence on me and also showed me so much love would never be there again.
He was a fisherman by trade and even though he introduced me to his amazing fish cakes what really stands in my memory was two things. A) how frugal he was B) what amazing fruit and vegetables he taught me how to grow.
Like many grandads he had an allotment and he would grow all kinds of things. The tomatoes, the greens and the berries stand out the most, though there were plenty of other things too.
He was also of the generation that believed that you shouldn’t replace something unless it is broken. Something that today’s generation could certainly learn from. We are too quick to get rid of a piece of fruit just because it has a slight bruise on it, instead we should slice off the bruise and eat the rest of it.
That is why I am dedicating my bottom of the fridge muffins to my grandad. As a thank you for showing me how to look after food and that fruit and vegetables that are a week old are still very much edible.
By bottom of the fridge we’re talking about those bits of carrot, those bits of potato and so forth that you bought for Christmas but they didn’t quite get used. Made into muffins and cooked in the air fryer they are perfect for the getting the best use out of your Christmas food and enjoying the winter flavours.
So grab a bit of your leftover brown turkey meat, add to it the vegetables you have in the bottom of your fridge and lets make some muffins.Bottom Of The Fridge #Leftover Turkey Muffins In The Airfryer Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- 100g Plain Flour
- 50g Brown Turkey Meat
- Handful Spinach
- ½ Red Onion
- 50g Sweet Potato
- 100g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1Tbsp Soft Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- 1Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1Tsp Mustard
- 1Tsp Parsley
- 1Tsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by placing your leftover vegetables in a bowl. We used the vegetables mentioned above but it can be any mix of what you have leftover and squeeze out ay moisture so that its not wet.
- Mash up your vegetables with your hands so that you have a few small lumps but so that it would bind into meatballs if you wanted it to.
- Add all your ingredients apart from the flour and mix well. It will be really wet now thanks to the egg.
- Now use the flour a bit at a time to combine the mixture until it is like average meatballs.
- Flour your hands (so that the balls don’t stick to you) and portion up your mixture into 8 medium sized balls.
- Place them onto a baking mat in your Air Fryer. Cook for 15 minutes at 180c. Turn them over and then cook for a further 5 minutes at 160c.