Welcome to my Airfryer strawberry cupcakes with creamy strawberry frosting.
The first time I had a cupcake I absolutely hated and couldn’t even finish it. I got it from Disney World at the café of the hotel we were staying at. I was a super size at the time so I didn’t care what I ate and anything with sugar in was fine with me.
But I had never had an American cupcake before so I didn’t realise how rich they were and I just felt sick and couldn’t finish it. Even my 11 year old (he is 14 now) didn’t want it and it felt like such a waste to throw away half a cupcake.
Fast forward 3.5 years and I am at a birthday party. A fellow mother (who works locally as a chef) has made a huge amount of cupcakes. I haven’t tried one since, so I assume that all cupcakes are over powering and in the end I give in to temptation and try one.
Well it is the most amazing cupcake I have ever tried. I don’t go back for one I go back for three. I just can’t help myself as they are absolutely delicious.
But I wanted to make some myself and to prove they can be nice and that they can be cooked quickly with the thanks of the Airfryer!
So here goes and they are what I served Dominic on Valentines Day earlier this month!Testing out #Airfryer Strawberry Cupcakes With Creamy Strawberry Frosting from @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Preheat the airfryer to 170c.
- While it is heating up, cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Do this until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and beat in the eggs one at a time. After adding each egg add a little of the flour. Gently fold in the rest of the flour.
- Add them to little bun cases so that they are 80% full.
- Place them in the airfryer and then cook for 8 minutes on 170c.
- While the cupcakes are cooking make the topping. Cream the butter and gradually add the icing sugar until you have a creamy mixture. Add the food colouring, whipped cream and blended strawberries and mix well.
- Once the cupcakes are cooked, using a piping bag add your topping to them doing circular motions so that you have that lovely cupcake look.