This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Garlic Potatoes With Bacon is inspired by my favourite steak restaurant here in Portugal. Loaded with lots of garlic and bacon, it is my dream air fryer potato recipe.
Our Air Fryer garlic potatoes recipe was originally published in the December of 2015 in the early days of Recipe This. We have updated it for you with new pictures, lots more information and shared with you why air fryer garlic potatoes are perfect for bingeing on!
Air Fryer Garlic Potatoes With Bacon
We would all be telling white lies if we didn’t admit to wanting to recreate favourite restaurant meals at home. We will often be at a restaurant and wondering how easy it is to make and if we could make it at home.
When you go to a steak restaurant you wonder about their sauce, at a Chinese you wonder where they get their soy sauce from because it tastes better than your own, or you could be at an Indian restaurant and wondering where they source their spice from because the local Indian restaurant does the best ever curries!
We have had a favourite restaurant ever since we moved to Portugal. It is a 45-minute drive away but well worth the distance. It serves a lot of steak and fish dishes including steak on the stone (unheard of in many countries), homemade mayonnaise, the best ever garlic potatoes and the puddings are so worth having.
The one thing we have always liked the most are the garlic potatoes. They are cooked with garlic and bacon and I can’t resist asking for more. The worst thing is that they come with unlimited portions of garlic potatoes so by the end of the night (especially after I have had pudding) I feel incredibly full ????
This recipe when cooked in our air fryer, that I have created is my take on the classic Portuguese garlic potatoes with bacon and beware you will want extra!
The above was written back in 2015 when we would eat there regularly. Sadly, the restaurant in question has now raised its prices and doesn’t offer the same meal deals. Good job I have my own steak stone at home and an air fryer for making delicious garlic potatoes with loads of bacon.
Air Fryer Garlic Potatoes
We all have our own opinion of what makes delicious air fryer garlic potatoes, and this is mine. I live in Portugal and the cuisine always starts with garlic and extra virgin olive oil. If you don’t like either, you better not eat out in Portugal as you would struggle to find an item on the menu that doesn’t have garlic and quality local olive oil.
It also makes an excellent base for making delicious air fryer garlic potatoes. You could season the garlic potatoes, to however you like them, just remember it starts with these main ingredients:
- Peeled & Cubed Potatoes
- Sliced Bacon
- Whole Garlic Cloves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
You can then use our air fryer garlic potatoes as the base and then add your favourite seasonings. In the Milner house we LOVE to season with just salt and pepper and sometimes with some fresh rosemary or some fresh chives.
Air Fryer Cubed Potatoes
I am lucky to be married to a chef. Yet instead of working in a restaurant he is now the chef at Recipe This, and it is great to work side by side. The great thing about having Dominic at home is his quick dinners that he makes for me when neither of us can be bothered to cook. When you have been on your feet all day and you just want to binge on a takeaway.
But Dominic would call his air fryer cubed potatoes and they would be like quick potatoes compared to my air fryer garlic potatoes with bacon.
Into the air fryer would go white potatoes that have been cubed without being peeled, so think air fryer potato wedges just into smaller pieces. Then they would be thrown into the air fryer along with some extra virgin olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
That will be it and he would serve it up for me with some air fryer chicken breast and that would be a midweek lunch, normally when either we were tired on a night or for lunch when I am working in the office.
Totally delicious and a great plan B to my air fryer garlic potatoes if you are in a rush. Plus, if you wanted to follow my recipe for garlic potatoes and left the skin on, it would give you a quicker prep recipe to follow.
Air Fryer Diced Vs Cubes Vs Chunks
It took me a minute or two to come up with a title for this recipe and Dominic and I decided that air fryer garlic potatoes with bacon was the perfect name. But it’s a case of we are from Northern England and what we call them is not the same as what they would be called in the US, Australia, Canada or even Asia.
You might look at the cubed raw potato and call it diced, yet someone else might call it chunks:
I don’t really mind what it is called, but whatever we do call it, garlic, potatoes and bacon are heaven in the air fryer.
How To Air Fry Garlic Potatoes?
The great thing about making air fryer garlic potatoes is that there is a process of quick prep, throw the contents of the bowl into the air fryer basket and let the air fryer do the hard work for you.
It is split into the following stages:
- Peel and cube the potatoes – This probably takes the longest. Though you can take Dominic’s advice and cube them unpeeled like a small potato wedge.
- Peel the garlic cloves – This is the most time-consuming part for me so once this is done, the hard work is over and done with.
- Slice the bacon – Use your favourite bacon that works well in the air fryer and slice into chunks.
- Bowl it – Add all your ingredients including the olive oil, any seasonings you would like and the ingredients you have already prepped into a bowl. Mix with your hands and load it into the air fryer.
It now cooks in the air fryer and you can decide what you’re having it with. Or if I was on the ultimate binge, I would be grating some cheese to go on top!
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
In the Milner house we LOVE our air fryer potatoes. In fact, our air fryer potato wedges were our very first recipe and by the end of our first year we had a LOT of air fryer potato recipes on the blog. Here are a few more:
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – Recently updated and our first ever air fryer recipe, we love to eat potato wedges in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes – Very similar to making garlic potatoes and perfect for breakfasts especially if you want to prep the night before.
- Air Fryer Rosemary Roast Potatoes – Another favourite of ours and perfect with lamb in the slow cooker. You can also play about with the recipe and swap the rosemary for your favourite seasoning.
Air Fryer Garlic Potatoes With Bacon
- Peel and cube your potatoes. Slice your bacon and peel your whole garlic cloves. Place them into your mixing bowl.
- Add to your bowl your extra virgin olive oil and your seasoning. Mix well with your hands.
- Place the contents of the bowl into your air fryer basket and cook for 12 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Shake the air fryer basket and cook for a further 5 minutes at 200c/400f.