Air Fryer Frozen Potato Waffles. Delicious crispy potato waffles cooked from frozen in the air fryer. Super crispy and super addictive, these potato waffles are wonderful for a quick lunch or dinner.
Air Fryer Frozen Potato Waffles
Kids when they are little have different favourite frozen foods. Kyle was all about the potato waffles and would love it when I bought him frozen potato waffles from Aldi.
I would often steal a little from the corner, as the corner crispy bits of frozen potato waffles was delicious.
He would have then with some beans and cheese and be in 3-year-old food heaven.
We moved to a new house, didn’t have an Aldi’s near us and our food tastes changed.
Because of this, the frozen potato waffles were forgotten about. They were something we used to cook in the oven and when I saw them in Iceland, I knew I must get them and see how crispy they are in the air fryer.
Why Air Fryer Frozen Potato Waffles?
Let’s start with the golden colour. When you cook frozen potato waffles in the air fryer, they have the most beautiful golden colour you have ever seen. Unlike when you cook them in the oven, and they look pale and anaemic.
Secondly, it is all about the crispy texture. Cook frozen potato waffles in the oven or under the grill and it’s the sides that are crispy and the rest of it lacks crunch. Or to get it crispy in the oven, you will often forget about them and burn them.
However, cook frozen potato waffles in the air fryer and they are GOLDEN & CRISPY.Finally, no fear of forgetting about them and overcooking in the air fryer. As when the air fryer beeps, they stop cooking and you can grab them when you want to eat them.
How To Cook Air Fryer Frozen Potato Waffles?
To cook air fryer frozen potato waffles is easy. You load up 4 potato waffles at a time, as you can’t fit more than this in the air fryer without them being on top of each other.
No need to brush them with oil or season them, they just cook as they are.
Once cooked you can serve them up with your favourite sides.
When we had our air fryer frozen potato waffles, we loaded them up with our favourite baked beans recipe and then added some grated cheese on top.
Beans and cheese on top, shouts out UGLY FOOD but it is so comforting and delicious that we really don’t care! Unlike some things that we feed our kids, there was no looking at their food with suspicion. It got eaten and it got eaten fast with absolutely no leftovers.
More Air Fryer Frozen Food Recipes
Our air fryer frozen potato waffles are our latest favourite frozen food to get an air fryer makeover. We love the way air fryer frozen food tastes and that for a moment you forget it started off as cheap frozen food from the supermarket.
Here are MORE air fryer frozen food recipes:
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Frozen Mini Pizzas
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Frozen KFC Chicken
- Air Fryer Frozen KFC Hot Wings
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
- Air Fryer Frozen Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn On The Cob
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen McCain Oven Chips
Air Fryer Frozen Potato Waffles
- Place four frozen potato waffles into the air fryer basket, making sure that they have plenty of space and are not stacked on top of one another.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Serve with baked beans and cheese.