Microwave turkey bacon is delicious, it is fast and a much healthier alternative than pan frying your bacon.
No matter what brand of turkey bacon you are using the microwave is a simple solution.
Table of Contents
Turkey Bacon In Microwave
I was very late to the turkey bacon trend. That is because when something isn’t available where you live, there is no hype, and you often don’t realise that it even exists.
This was us with turkey bacon and we only got chance to try it when we moved back to the UK and saw bacon rashers for sale in Aldi.
Until then we had never even heard of turkey bacon.
We bought the turkey bacon and tried it in the air fryer, the instant pot and the microwave.
And turkey bacon in the microwave was the gamechanger. So fast, so easy and tasted rather good considering its what I would call healthy bacon.
Today, I wanted to show you how to microwave turkey bacon.
Can You Cook Turkey Bacon In The Microwave?
Yes, you can cook turkey bacon in the microwave. It’s delicious and it’s a really quick method and also compared to other methods of cooking turkey bacon we find it reduces the fat even further, perfect for when you want a healthy bacon recipe.
Is Turkey Bacon Already Cooked?
No, turkey bacon is raw when you buy it from the supermarket. Then you are using the microwave to cook the bacon for you.
Is Microwave Turkey Bacon Healthy?
Turkey bacon, or turkey rashers as many calls it, is much healthier than regular bacon, as instead of being made from pork, it is made from lean turkey instead.
Or if you calorie count then note that there are just 29 calories in each bacon rasher.
Would you like easy & amazing microwave recipes from microwave experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST microwave beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful microwave resources.
Turkey Bacon Microwave Ingredients
Turkey – We are using Mattessons turkey bacon and find that compared to some cheaper turkey bacons, this one is a really good one for cooking in the microwave.
Towel – Then you will also need some kitchen towel. This stops the fat from leaving marks in your microwave and the fat sticks to the towel. Thus making your turkey bacon even lower in fat.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this microwave turkey bacon recipe it has just been our Panasonic Microwave Oven. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of microwave recipes.
How To Cook Turkey Bacon In The Microwave?
- Prepare. Place a layer of kitchen towel onto a plate, then add the turkey rashers, and then cover with a layer of kitchen towel.
- Cook. Next place the plate into the microwave and microwave for 3 minutes, turn the bacon and then cook turkey bacon in the microwave for another 3 minutes on the other side or until done to your level of crispiness.
How Long To Microwave Turkey Bacon?
This turkey bacon air fryer recipe takes JUST 6 minutes. With a 3 minute cook time on each side.
Though, I love my turkey bacon nice and crispy, so if you prefer it less crispy, you can do 2 minutes on each side instead.
What To Serve With Turkey Bacon?
Or your plan B, is to add these microwave turkey rashers to our air fryer English breakfast?
More Microwave Recipes
- Defrost Sausages In The Microwave
- Defrost Mince In The Microwave
- Microwave Paxo Stuffing
- Microwave Baby Potatoes
- Microwave Spinach
- Microwave Corn On The Cob
Your recipe for turkey bacon in microwave is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free ebooks and useful cook time charts and so much more.
Microwave Turkey Bacon
- Place a kitchen towel over a dinner plate, then add the turkey rashers onto the kitchen towel.
- Then add another kitchen towel over the turkey bacon.
- Place the bacon into the microwave and microwave for 3 minutes on full power.
- When the microwave beeps remove the top layer of kitchen towel and discard it.
- Use tongs to turn the turkey bacon over and then add a fresh layer of kitchen towel to the top. Then microwave for a further 3 minutes.
- Then discard the kitchen towel and serve.