Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs. Take the stress out of cooking hard boiled eggs in the instant pot with this easy to follow, fool proof no peel method.
My Instant Pot Egg Loaf and my Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs changed the way people cooked eggs in their instant pot and I am here today to show you an even easier way to make instant pot hard boiled eggs without any peeling whatsoever.
Table of Contents
Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
I love hard boiled eggs. It has been an addiction of mine from childhood. I grew up loving egg mayonnaise (Americans call it an egg salad) and I loved eggs over a delicious salad. Not to mention my love for sliced eggs on toast.
The only kitchen accessory we had back then for eggs was a slicer. The egg slicer would slice the egg perfectly and you would think how gourmet your egg looked.
But your parents would still have gone through the effort of boiling the egg, attempting to peel it before it landed on your dinner plate.
That is why I am glad that I am teaching my kids to cook in this modern kitchen gadget world and they can watch with amazement as the magic of the instant pot, takes the effort away and produces amazing instant pot no peel hard boiled eggs.
Why Make Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs?
This recipe for instant pot no peel hard boiled eggs will blow your mind. You will be amazed by how simple it is to cook perfect hard boiled eggs in the instant pot.
I am sure if you are reading this, you have been made aware that eggs are one of the key favourites for cooking in your instant pot or other electric pressure cooker.
That is TRUE. And it is not a new thing. Back in January 2017 when we first shared instant pot hard boiled eggs for beginners people were amazed that we showed them a way to easily peel boiled eggs without having to follow the annoying 5-5-5 method which included an ice bath.
But what if you could crack your eggs into a mould, just like the motion when you fry an egg and then 7 minutes later return to perfect hard boiled eggs that need ZERO peeling.
Now this is what I love about the instant pot and why you MUST make instant pot no peel hard boiled eggs!
What Ingredients & Gadgets Go Into Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs?
There are 2 main ingredients that go into instant pot no peel hard boiled eggs:
- Egg Bite Mould
That is literally it! Because the egg mould is so AMAZING (well this one is that we use), you don’t need to oil the egg bite mould as they come out perfectly every time.
We tried it several times and not once did it stick!
Though, I have been made aware that some lower quality brands do stick. The one we use is also the same brand that has many best selling instant pot accessories that we feature in many of our instant pot recipes as we love their products. They have just amazed me with how easy they have made instant pot cooking.
You can use any eggs that cook well. My favourite eggs are duck eggs, but regular hen eggs work fine too.
Just like you can use cheap eggs and quality free range eggs. We won’t judge, just use what eggs you LOVE.
The size of instant pot you have only matters if you want to cook 14 no peel hard boiled eggs at once. You see each egg bite mould holds 7 eggs.
If you wanted to stack and do 2 lots and cook 14 at once, you would need the 8 quart. This is because the 8 quart is slightly taller and will fit them in better.
How To Make Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs?
Making instant pot no peel hard boiled eggs is EASY and it is a case of a quick crack into the egg bite moulds, lowering into the instant pot and waiting for the beep to tell you that you have perfect hard boiled eggs.
- Place a cup of water into the bottom of your instant pot.
- Crack an egg into each of the moulds that you want to use.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 7 minutes.
- Manually release pressure, allow to cool and eat!
You Don’t Need Oil For Your Egg Bite Mould
The silicone works as a non-stick and does an amazing job of avoiding oil. You just need to make sure your eggs have cooled before removing them. That way they will come out perfect every time.
How Many Eggs Should I Cook At Once?
You could cook just one hard boiled egg, or you could cook a full mould of eggs. As well as this, you could stack two moulds on top of each other to cook a total of 14 if you would like.
More Instant Pot Egg Recipes
Here at Recipe This we love to cook eggs in the instant pot pressure cooker. Below you will find a few more suggestions to try out next.
- Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese – A cottage cheese free version of instant pot egg bites. So delicious and easy to mix and match with your favourite ingredients.
- Instant Pot Egg Loaf – A similar method to our no peel hard boiled eggs. But instead the eggs are cracked into one big container, they gel together and it is perfect for dicing eggs for egg mayonnaise/egg salad.
- Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs With Soldiers – Dippy eggs cooked in the instant pot are the best and one of my favourite ways to cook eggs in the instant pot.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs For Beginners – The original method of mine for cooking hard boiled eggs in the instant pot. The eggs are easy to peel and you avoid that water bath too.
- Instant Pot Egg Salad – Perfect for instant pot egg salad sandwiches, tapas and other finger food, it rounds up the different ways you can cook eggs for an instant pot egg salad.
Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe Ingredients:
- 7 Large Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Make sure your egg bite mould is clean and then crack an egg into each of the 7 holes. Secure the silicone lid on top.
- Place a cup of water into the bottom of the instant pot, add the trivet and place your egg bite mould on top.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 7 minutes on manual/pressure cook.
- After it beeps, manually release pressure and remove the egg mould from the instant pot.
- Remove the silicone lid and leave to one side and allow to cool.
- Once it is almost cool (5 minutes is usually enough) remove your eggs from the moulds.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.