Welcome to my Instant Pot luxury egg sandwiches. Using the Instant Pot these are the egg sandwiches that you dream of. Lovely and warm, full of flavour and perfect use of any leftover eggs you have in the house.
When I was 18 years old I spent about 6 weeks working at a hospital in the kitchens. The job was nothing special but it was good fun and the people were lovely to work for. The hubby worked in the kitchens so it was weird him being my boss when we had only just moved in together.
I was part of the cafeteria staff that would be serving people that was eating at the hospital. I would be serving up what had been cooked in the kitchen for the lunch rush then there would be plenty of other jobs too.
One of them would be preparing the cold food that was served. This would include the fruit salads and the sandwiches.
I hated doing the sandwiches because they looked awful. Lots and lots of processed bread, fillings that looked like sick and I could go on and on. What it did was put me off these kind of sandwiches and I realised that a good sandwich should involve effort and it goes without saying that it should be served hot.
Bad memories of the egg mayonnaise sandwiches that I made are well in the past now (17 years into the past) but I still love the trusted egg mayonnaise sandwiches and this is how I do them now.
Thanks to my new Instant Pot this is my kind of egg sandwich and it is so delicious and so warm and I have to stop telling you about it and make another as I am craving a big stack of them now.
So without further introductions this is my Instant Pot luxury egg sandwiches.#InstantPot Luxury #Egg Mayonnaise Sandwiches #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- In your Instant Pot place 160ml of water into the bottom (with the cup provided) and place your eggs on top of the steam shelf inside it.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing. Press the steam button and set to steam for 5 minutes.
- While your eggs are steaming prepare everything else. Peel and grate your carrot. Clean and thinly dice your cucumber and spring onion. Grate your cheese. Add all these ingredients (apart from your spring onion) to a bowl. Add your seasoning and then finally add your homemade mayonnaise and mix well. Put the bowl to one side and slice your baguettes in half.
- When the eggs are done it will beep 6 times. Manually move the valve and move out of the way as the steam goes free.
- Remove the eggs and place them in some cold water and remove them from their shells.
- Place the eggs into the mixing bowl and using a fork mash them up with the other ingredients until you have a lovely egg mayonnaise.
- Remove the water from the steamer and place it on sauté for 5 minutes. Butter your bread and place it butter side down into your Instant Pot. Do this until the butter has melted and you have a lovely colour on your bread. From experience this will take about 2-3 minutes. Remove your bread and in its place add your spring onions. Cook them until they are nicely sautéed.
- On a chopping board grab your bread and layer it up. Add your warm spring onions, the egg mayonnaise and then finish with some fresh herbs on top.
With this recipe because of the melted butter you don’t need oil to saute the spring onion but if your butter is very small add a little extra butter.
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Dom: What are we making today?
Sam: Egg mayonnaise sandwiches
Sam: Because an Instant Pot makes everything – I thought you knew that!!!