Ninja Foodi Potatoes. How to make delicious crispy potatoes using your Ninja Foodi. Featuring both the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker and Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Crisp, this recipe is fast, practical for everyday cooking and delicious.
Table of Contents
Ninja Foodi Potatoes
I said to my carb loving hubby, we must test and then binge eat loads of potatoes in the Ninja Foodi.
After all, potatoes are one of my favourite things to cook in both the air fryer and the instant pot, so let’s see how they perform in the Ninja Foodi.
Of course, my hubby who loves potatoes as much as me, jumped at the chance.
As each Ninja Foodi potato recipe was complete the five of us stood around in the kitchen helping ourselves.
Each of complimenting how good the Ninja Foodi was at our favourite comfort food.
I asked our daughter Sofia which of the potatoes she preferred, and she didn’t answer. Just finished these potatoes that were loaded with butter and seasoning.
From the silence I am certain that the crispy baby potatoes were the one she would like me to cook the most time after time.
Potatoes In Ninja Foodi
I always describe them as cooked until they almost pop. Where the skin gets so crispy it is almost at the point of exploding. The skin is the best crispy skin I have ever cooked, and they are an ideal side dish.
What I wanted to do was transform this recipe to the Ninja Foodi. But instead of just being cooked in the air fryer, they would be pressure cooked first and then crisped up.
This was ideal because it would reduce the cook time and also the potatoes would be light in the middle because they have been pressure cooked first.
Ninja Foodi Cooking Potatoes
It’s up to you, which potatoes you cook with in the Ninja Foodi. I have found that baby potatoes work best, but you can use many different types.
These baby potatoes once cooked are like mini baked potatoes so imagine using up leftover potatoes that you have in your fridge that are too small for fries or too small for baked potatoes you could use those.
Or if you would rather, you can peel and dice your potatoes and follow this same method in this recipe for Ninja Foodi Roast Potatoes.
How To Cook Potatoes In Ninja Foodi?
The quick version of a potatoes in Ninja Foodi goes as follows:
- Fork baby potatoes and load into the steamer basket
- Season well and pressure cook.
- Quickly release pressure + season + oil.
- Air fry + serve.
There is a little more to it than that, but those are the simple basics!
How Long To Cook Potatoes In Ninja Foodi?
Ninja Foodi potatoes don’t take long at all. It impresses me with how quick it is for perfect crispy potatoes.
- 2 minute pressure cook – We start first with a 2 minute pressure cook to cook the baby potatoes. It’s a short cook time because you don’t want them too soft or they will be hard to season.
- 14 minute air fry – This is when your potatoes cook in the air fryer basket to get crispy and go delicious. This length of cook time gives them the ideal crispy coating.
As you can see this is a total cook time for Ninja Foodi Potatoes of JUST 16 minutes.
Ninja Foodi Boiled Potatoes
If you would rather just have Ninja Foodi Boiled Potatoes, then just do a 4 minute pressure cook. This will ensure they are fully cooked and perfect for serving straight away.
Though make sure you do a quick pressure release otherwise your potatoes will over cook.
Ninja Foodi Cheesy Potatoes
If you love cheese as much as me, then you might want some melted cheese over your potatoes. To do this is simple. Grate some cheese and load over the potatoes two minutes before the end of the cook time.
Carry on cooking and after those two minutes you will have melted cheese.
Ninja Foodi Potato Recipes
We love to cook potatoes in the Ninja Foodi. If you are looking for more Ninja Foodi potato recipes, then check these out:
Ninja Foodi Potatoes
- Fork baby potatoes to allow them to breathe and load into your steamer inside your Ninja Foodi cooking pot. Pour in a cup of water.
- Season your potatoes with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Place the pressure cooker lid on your Ninja Foodi and set the valve to sealing. Cook for 2 minutes.
- When the pressure cooker beeps, manually release pressure. Remove the steamer basket and the water from the bottom of the cooking pot. Swap for the air fryer basket and load in the potatoes. Spray with extra virgin olive oil and season with extra salt and pepper and oregano. Place the air fryer lid on and cook for 14 minutes on air crisp for 10 minutes at 180c/320f followed by 4 more minutes at 200c/400f.
- When the Ninja Foodi beeps load the potatoes into a side dish, add butter and serve.