Welcome to my flourless chicken cordon bleu in the air fryer recipe. Bring a touch of France to your dinner table with this classic French dish. Even better cook it in the air fryer for a lower calorie, lower fat version.
In the Milner household we love watching cookery programmes. Our favourite is MasterChef and we often have family discussions about who is the best and the worst and why someone can’t cook and shouldn’t have made it to the next round.
One discussion that always comes into it is the origin of the contestant. We get excited when an Asian comes on the show as thanks to their culture they will have spent a lot of time with their mum in the kitchen learning how to cook from scratch.
But what we really get excited about is when someone from somewhere in the Mediterranean comes on the show as we just know that they have an amazing selection of recipes under their belt and that the food will be truly amazing.
I am always commenting that the best food is in France. My dad always jokes and disagrees and says it starts off that way and then they move abroad to open restaurants so maybe they’ve got a point!
But either way, I love food from the Mediterranean and this is an example of one very simple recipe that you can cook whenever you feel like it in your air fryer. I have modified the classic a bit but the end result is still delicious.#Flourless #Chicken Cordon Bleu In The #Airfryer Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Preheat your air fryer to 180c.
- On a chopping board place your chicken breasts. Chop them at a side angle to right near to the corner so that you can fold them over and add ingredients to the centre.
- Sprinkle all sides of your chicken with salt, pepper and tarragon.
- In a mixing bowl add the soft cheese, garlic and parsley and mix well.
- Place a layer of the cheese mixture in the middle along with ½ a slice each of the cheddar cheese and the ham.
- Press down on the chicken so that it looks like it is sealed with a layer of filling inside it.
- In one bowl add the egg and in another add the blended oats.
- In the blended oats bowl also add the thyme and mix well.
- Roll the chicken in the oats first, then the egg and back in the oats.
- Place your chicken pieces on a baking sheet in your air fryer and cook for 30 minutes at 180c. After 20 minutes turn it over so that both sides have the chance to be crispy.
- Serve with new potatoes.
Some air fryers hold their heat differently so do check the centre of the fattest part of your chicken to make sure it is cooked in the middle.