This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
The ultimate guide to dehydrated kiwi in the air fryer. If you want to make air fryer kiwi chips and have a dehydrator setting on your air fryer, then this is dedicated to you.
We are using the Ninja Foodi dehydrator setting to transform slices of kiwi into dehydrated kiwi chips. A healthy dehydrated snack that shouts out road trip supplies!
When I think of kiwi, I am thinking of my chef hubby’s amazing summer fruit salads. Often loaded with oranges (for the juice), apples, grapes, strawberries and of course kiwi.
I believe I don’t eat more kiwi because by the time you have peeled it, you just don’t have much to show for your money.
That is when dehydrated kiwi becomes your new best friend.
Because you guessed it…. You can dehydrate kiwi into kiwi chips with the skin on.
A quick slice of kiwi later and loaded into the air fryer and you have dried kiwi slices.
Our dehydrated kiwi is also part of our dehydrator week we are having and follows on from how to dehydrate marshmallows, dried garlic, dried onion, cucumber chips and below you will find even more dehydrated air fryer recipes.
We loved the idea, that we could use our air fryer we a dehydrator. And you could too if you have an air fryer that has a temperature of 55c/130f.
Though today is all about dehydrated kiwi. Getting a typical pack of kiwis from the fridge, slicing them up and loading onto the shelves of your dehydrator accessory. Or if using an air fryer oven, simply fill up the shelves!
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Dehydrate Kiwi?
Yes, you can dehydrate kiwi and its fantastic for a quick snack. If you have not had dried kiwi slices before, then think of them as another variety of fruit chips. Or as us Brits would call them kiwi crisps.
You dehydrate kiwi in the same way as making air fryer apple chips and then you can use them as a healthy evening snack.
Can You Dehydrate Kiwi With Skin?
Yes, you sure can. If you try and dehydrate dried kiwi without the skin, you are left with hardly anything. And that as you peel it can end up slimy and even harder to cut into equal slices.
However, keep the kiwi slice on and its so much easier and the skin gives the dried kiwi fruit slices a much better texture.
Is Kiwi Good Dehydrated?
Yes, it is. I wasn’t sure what to expect the first time that I dehydrated kiwi and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.
Also, I was heading out on a road trip the day after and took the dried kiwi with me and it made the best healthy snack ever!
Is Dried Kiwi Healthy?
Yes, it is. This is because this dried kiwi recipe is simply fresh kiwi loaded into a dehydrator.
Unlike kiwi chips that you buy from a shop, there is no extra sugar or additives added to it. So, you are creating unsweetened dried kiwi in your air fryer.
How Do You Eat Dehydrated Kiwi?
The best way to eat dehydrated kiwi is to load it into a Ziploc bag and take it with you on your travels. Then it can be eaten as kiwi chips (kiwi crisps).
How Do I Dehydrate Kiwi In Air Fryer?
The first time I dehydrated in an air fryer was with the Power Air Fryer Oven (I had this one) and you could load the shelves with sliced kiwi.
But now I have the Ninja Foodi I use the Ninja Foodi dehydrator accessory. (more about it here) Of course, you don’t have to, but when you do it allows you to dehydrate quite a lot of dried kiwi at the same time. Because it is a stackable unit that turns your ninja foodi into a classic dehydrator machine.
Then you simply place the Ninja Foodi (with the air fryer lid) on the dehydrate setting and you have transformed your Ninja into a dehydrator.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Dried Kiwi Recipe Ingredients
Kiwis – To make air fryer kiwi I used about six medium kiwis. This was enough to fill all the shelves of my dehydrator. You could also use less or more, or do a big batch of kiwi slices to last you a while.
Dehydrator – We also used my stackable dehydrator that I bought specifically for the Ninja Foodi. If you are dehydrating kiwi with an air fryer, I recommend something similar. I love this one because it allows you to have several racks of kiwi chips dehydrating at once.
Mandolin – I also recommend having a mandolin for chopping your kiwi. It creates such an even slice and I have found by hand, that you end up with lots of kiwi waste that’s too small or too big.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this kiwi dehydrated air fryer recipe it has just been our Ninja Foodi. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of recipes including dehydrating.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years. And nearly all are suitable for the Ninja Foodi air fryer setting.
How To Dehydrate Kiwi?
- Slice. Chop the ends off your kiwis and then slice your kiwi with a mandolin. Its best to use a mandolin as they give a much better medium, equal slice on your kiwi that you don’t get by slicing by hand.
- Load. Add your sliced kiwi to your dehydrator shelves. Start at the bottom, clipping on each shelf as it fills up.
- Load. Then add your stackable dehydrator into the Ninja Foodi and place the air fryer lid down and you are now ready for air fryer kiwi.
- Cook. Set the temperature to 55c/130f and the function to dehydrator and then dry your kiwi for 4.5 hours or until you have dehydrated kiwi chips.
- Finish. Then once the dehydrator is done, remove the kiwi chips and load into an airtight container. Keep in the cupboard for 1-2 years.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is dehydrating kiwi and why you should be doing it too!
How Long To Dehydrate Kiwi?
Dehydrated kiwi is rather fast, considering that kiwi is a juicy fruit. In fact, you can take fresh kiwi slices to kiwi chips in JUST 4.5 hours.
I like to do my kiwi chips early in the morning because then I can get 3-4 batches done throughout the day and have a really big supply for snacking on.
Dehydrating Kiwi Tips & Tricks
- Opt for medium slices of kiwi and if you have one, do use a mandolin as it creates the perfect equal slice.
- Check your kiwi at the halfway point. You can then see if any are stuck to the dehydrator or if any have stuck to one another or got too close.
- You can do as many air fryer kiwi chips that will fit in your dehydrator.
- We found that six medium kiwis made a big snack bag of kiwi crisps for your evening snack routine.
- We recommend using this dehydrator for easy stacking in your Ninja Foodi. We are amazed when we use this how much kiwi will fit in the Ninja.
More Air Fryer Dried Fruit Recipes
- Dehydrated Lemons
- Dehydrated Limes
- Dehydrated Oranges
- Dehydrated Cherries
- Dehydrated Bananas
- Dehydrated Pears
Your dehydrate kiwi recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Dehydrated Kiwi Chips In Air Fryer
- Chop the ends off your kiwis and get rid of any bad bits.
- Use a mandolin to slice your kiwis into medium slices.
- Get out your dehydrator accessory and load up the shelves with sliced kiwi. Start at the bottom and work your way up and clip each shelf into place as you do it.
- Once the dehydrator is full then load into the Ninja Foodi. Place the air fryer lid down on the Ninja Foodi and set it to the dehydrator setting.
- Dehydrate for 4.5 hours at 55c/130f or until the kiwi is fully dried out and resembles classic fruit chips. Then load into an airtight plastic container or snack bag and store in a cool place for 1-2 years.