Burger King Whopper In Air Fryer
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
How to make at Burger King Whopper at home in the air fryer. Loaded with lettuce, onion, tomato, and mayonnaise just like you would find inside a Whopper at Burger King.
This better than Burger King Whopper copycat recipe is perfect for cooking in your air fryer for your Saturday night burger fix.
This Burger King Whopper recipe was originally shared with you back in 2016 and we are updating it for you today with new photos and more tips and tricks.
Burger King Whopper Sandwich
I have always loved my fast food and can’t resist a McDonalds drive thru, chicken at KFC or all you can eat lunch time buffet at Pizza Hut.
But me and Burger King have never really hit it off.
I always find myself comparing Burger King to McDonalds and always saying this Burger King is alright, but I prefer it at McDonalds because…..
But sometimes because of time restraints I end up at Burger King and having a bad meal experience.
Back in Portugal, I was at a Burger King because I couldn’t face the huge queue opposite at McDonalds.
I ordered our meal, and it came with free refills. They then told me I had to wait an hour before the refill. So, I waited an hour to refill, and another member of staff marched me out for stealing. It seems it was as many refills as you wanted within the hour, and I waited around for nothing.
I was mortified and never went in a Burger King in Portugal again after that and can’t believe they were conning people out of their refills, which makes you wonder why offer them?
Then back in England I tried a Burger King and ordered a whopper. I thought it was boring and lacked flavour and the rest of my order was wrong.
Even though I know the basic whopper is lacking in cheese and doesn’t have a tower of burger patties, I did expect better. Maybe it was just the Burger King I was at?
So, I vowed to go home, update our air fryer whopper recipe, and make one that was much better than the one I experienced that day.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Does A Whopper Come With Cheese?
No, a standard whopper does not come with cheese and I must admit I never realised this when I first ordered one.
I always assumed that all burgers at Burger King came with cheese and was then disappointed that it was cheese free.
So when at Burger King do make sure you go with the cheese option if you love cheese.
What Comes On A Whopper?
On a BASIC Burger King Whopper, you can expect a burger patty, burger bun, then a garnish of lettuce, onion, tomato, along with mayonnaise.
Though on our homemade whopper we will also be adding some onion, garlic, seasonings and a secret ingredient to the Burger King patty to make it taste amazing.
Burger King Triple Whopper Sandwich With Cheese
What you can also do with our copycat whopper recipe is to bundle together 3 of our whopper burgers and then add some cheese. Then it will be like the Burger King triple whopper sandwich with cheese.
Though what I do in my copycat recipe is do a really thick burger, rather than a flat patty, and then its like a triple.
Make A Whopper Salad
An option if you are looking for a healthier version of the whopper, is to make a whopper salad.
Simply follow our air fryer burger in a bowl recipe and swap the bread buns for a salad. Then have all the ingredients from inside the burger bun instead.
It’s our favourite summer salad and we make it in the air fryer all the time.
What Is Difference Between Whopper And Burger?
A whopper is simply the most popular burger at Burger King. Just like at McDonalds you associate the Big Mac as its famous burger.
But what is interesting about the whopper, is that you can get it in many sizes and with or without cheese.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Beef – I recommend for the best whopper copycat that you use lean minced beef. We used a pack of lean steak mince that was just 5% fat.
Extras – For extra flavour I recommend you add to your whopper sandwich some garlic and onion. And to make the job even easier I always use some frozen chopped garlic from the supermarket as its such a time saver.
Seasonings – For seasoning the whopper, I recommend salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and sweet paprika.
Secret – Then for the best burger king recipe add in some barbecue sauce. It stops your burgers from being dry and gives them a delicious just barbecued taste. Its my secret ingredient for perfect air fryer burgers.
Garnish – Then to garnish your whopper burgers you will need burger buns, lettuce, onion, tomato, and mayonnaise.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this Burger King whopper sandwich recipe it has been our Cosori Air Fryer (we have this one) and its fantastic for a huge range of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Make A Whopper?
- Prep. Load into a bowl diced onion, chopped garlic, seasoning and minced beef. Also add in barbecue sauce. Mix with your hands until the mixture is well mixed and then form into burger patties.
- Cook. After making into homemade whopper burgers load them into the air fryer basket. Cook for 12 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Finish. Then serve your whopper burger inside burger buns with lettuce, onion, sliced tomato, and mayonnaise.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is to make a burger king whopper sandwich and why you should be doing it too!
Whopper Recipe Tips & Tricks
- The barbecue sauce makes such a difference to the air fryer whopper burgers and stops them from going dry. This is particularly important if using lean mince.
- You can add cheese if you wish. If you want the cheese to melt onto the burger, then check out our air fryer frozen burgers recipe.
- Want to make a triple whopper with cheese, then make your burger much thicker and then melt some cheese over.
- You can make ahead your whopper burgers and then air fry them later for a fantastic Saturday night burger feast.
- If you want to follow a whopper burger style then its burger bun bottom, then lettuce, then burger, then sliced onion over the burger, then sliced tomatoes, then mayonnaise and then the top of the burger bun.
More Air Fryer Burgers
- Air Fryer McChicken
- Air Fryer Wendy’s Chicken Sandwich
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
- Air Fryer Lentil Burgers
Your Whopper copycat recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Burger King Whopper In Air Fryer
- 500 g Lean Minced Beef
- ¼ Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Frozen Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp Basil
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Breadcrumbs to bind
- 4 Burger Buns
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced Onion
- Sliced Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Load into a bowl all your whopper burger patty ingredients.
- Then mix with your hands until all the whopper ingredients are well mixed and it makes a huge burger ball.
- Make into burger shapes ready for air frying.
- The load into the air fryer basket and air fry for 12 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Next put your whoppers together. Open your bread buns and add lettuce, then just cooked burger patty, then onion, then sliced tomato and finally the mayo and the burger lid.
I love a Burger King Whopper and was wondering if you could replicate it as close as possible at home. Your recipe is the closest i have got. The burgers were delicious and cooked perfectly. The images really helped me with my air fryer as i am just getting use to it, many thanks. I will be back for more recipes.