Welcome to my Airfryer cauliflower veggie burger recipe.
After making my first veggie burger in the Airfryer a few months ago I was keen to try out new and exciting recipes. I love my meat and fish but I also love my vegetarian food. It gives me an excellent vegetable boost and when I have a veggie meal it is very rare that I am left wanting some meat.
But I always had a deep fascination with cauliflower and what you can achieve with it.
So far on Recipe This we have already done:
- 20 Minute Cauliflower Rice
- Creamy Risotto
- Chicken Biryani
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Cauliflower Cheese Tater Tots
- Stuffed Peppers With Cauliflower Rice
Therefore the thought of doing cauliflower burgers just sounds so delicious and so full of flavour. Plus what I love about the Airfryer is that you can place delicate vegetable produce in it and it will cook it well and it will always give you such a crispy delicious texture.
I also find that cauliflower is incredibly versatile and is perfect for a whole host of different dishes. I recommend that you buy a few cauliflowers when you go grocery shopping and then do lots of different experimenting so that you can test out new ideas.
Though, when you are trying out new things with cauliflower remember that it is very watery and is so much better if you squeeze out the juice of a cauliflower using a tea towel and then you just need something with a heavy texture that can help you combine your ingredients. For example in this recipe we are using both oats and coconut in this cauliflower veggie burger recipe.#Airfryer #Cauliflower Veggie #Burger Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Chop up the cauliflower into florets and steam in the soup maker for 25 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and leave in the soup maker. Using a vegetable knife dice at it so that it becomes really small pieces of cauliflower. Add to it salt, pepper, mustard and a teaspoon of garlic puree. Blend for a couple of minutes and then drain over the sink. Place the cauliflower into a tea towel and ring out any excess water until it resembles bread dough.
- Place the cauliflower in a mixing bowl with salt and pepper, rest of the seasoning, further garlic puree, coconut oil and mix well.
- Add the desiccated coconut, oats and one cup of bread crumbs and mix well.
- Cover your hands in flour so that you don’t stick to the burgers and shape into burgers. Then roll in the flour, the egg and then the herby bread crumbs.
- Place in the Airfryer for 10 minutes on each side at 180c.
- Serve with my healthy ranch dressing and with salad garnish and a burger bun.
Also remember that cauliflower is very watery so make sure you don’t forget to squeeze out the water with a tea towel otherwise your burgers will fall apart.