Welcome to my cauliflower rice stuffed peppers budget recipe.
I will start by saying that even though this is really healthy; I never set out for it to be. It is just a quick creation in the kitchen that I made for lunch one day, I loved it so much that I made it the next day, the next and the one after that too.
If you’re looking for a stuffed peppers recipe that is also low carb then this is your recipe of your dreams. Normally when I have stuffed peppers there will either be pasta, rice or couscous involved so this is something really special to get your teeth into.
I start this stuffed peppers recipe by pre-cooking the different coloured peppers and then while they are cooking I will make the cauliflower rice.
Originally the plan was for this to be a frugal meal, but I always find that I over cater on the cauliflower rice and end up with a dishful like this leftover after I have finished filling up the peppers:
But there is nothing wrong with this as you could save some cauliflower rice for another day and then use it up on a completely different recipe. Think of cauliflower rice like you do traditional rice. If you took some spare white rice I bet you could think of 20 dishes (straight away) that it would fit in well with.
Though why is it I am thinking about a curry right now?
You’ll also see from the recipe that I am addicted to colour, hence one of each peppers. But the other reason for this is that I like the different flavours that you get from the different peppers. I love how sweet the yellow one is and how perfect green peppers are for a simple taste.
How Frugal Is Cauliflower Stuffed Peppers?
Our cauliflower stuffed peppers recipe works out at 3,04€ for a family of four or 0,76€ each. Or if you are based in America then this is just $0.88 per mouth that you have to feed!
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Small Cauliflower (shredded)
- 1 Small Onion (peeled and diced)
- ¼ Yellow Pepper (very thinly diced)
- 1 Large Carrot (very thinly diced)
- 1 Small Courgette (very thinly diced)
- 1Tsp Garlic Puree
- 3Tbsp Soft Cheese
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1Tsp Mixed Spice
- 1Tsp Coriander
- 1Tsp Fennel Seeds
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by removing the tops off your peppers and removing the centre. Place the bottom of the peppers in the Airfryer for 5 minutes on 200c so that they get that lovely crispy texture.
- While your peppers are cooking make your cauliflower rice. In a wok sauté your onion on a medium heat with your olive oil and garlic. Add the vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the seasoning. Add the cauliflower to your wok and mix well and then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Fill the bottoms of the peppers with a tablespoon of cream cheese in each of them. Then cover each of them with cauliflower rice. Put the lids on and put them back in the Airfryer. Cook for 10 minutes on 200c.
We have put together 22 favourite frugal recipes for you to enjoy and also frugal diaries, frugal tips and so much more. They are delicious recipes that any family would be happy to have on the dinner table.
Forget a life of frozen chickens and frozen vegetables this is your chance to enjoy real food at the same time as saving money.
These are in fact the recipes we personally used when we went frugal.
This ebook is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.