Welcome to my risotto inspired one pot cauliflower rice recipe.
Many people quit rice for cauliflower rice because they don’t like gluten or because they want to reduce their carbs for a healthier option. I did it for love. You see Dominic has always hated the taste of rice. The only way you are going to get real rice into Dominic is if it is a rice pudding and it is pudding rice. And that is it.
So imagine me worshipping in paella, risotto, curry and rice and all other kinds of recipes. Therefore I have created recipes that don’t involve rice and it has been hard replacing them, though when we would eat out, I would probably go for the rice option.
Fast forward several years and I discovered cauliflower rice and I suddenly had rice back on the menu again. We could have curry and rice, loads of risotto and best of all it is so much healthier.
So we win on all counts.
One thing I do love when doing cauliflower rice is that you can make it a lot less dry by turning it into a delicious risotto. I use loads of tomatoes when I do this and it makes a lovely meal. We often add loads of vegetables and it fills us up for hours and hours.
[Tweet “#Risotto Inspired #OnePot Cauliflower Rice Thanks to @recipe_this”]
- 1 Small Cauliflower (shredded)
- 1 Large Onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 Medium Courgette (diced)
- 1 Medium Leek (thinly sliced)
- 1 Small Carrot (peeled and thinly diced)
- 3 Medium Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Large Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 200g Soft Cheese
- 1Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tbsp Oregano
- 1Tsp Basil
- 1Tsp Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- In your large one pot add your onion, garlic and olive oil and cook for about 2 minutes or until your onions have a nice colour on them and have softened.
- Add your courgette, leek and carrot to the one pot and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly so that it doesn’t burn.
- Add your tinned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes and seasoning and mix well. Cook on a high heat for 5 minutes and then reduce the heat for a further 5 minutes so that it can reduce the juices.
- Add the cauliflower rice and cook on a high heat for a further 3 minutes. Add the soft cheese, mix well and cook on a reduced heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.
We have put together 26 favourite recipes for you to enjoy that take less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook but also only require one pot. We have pasta and meatballs, 3 minute alfredo sauce, no carb risotto, 20 minute chicken korma and even pan fried chicken and vegetables.
We are huge fans of one pot cooking and even more so, now that we have tried out 30 minute meals in it. And it shows that one pot cooking is not just for the slow cooker.
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.