Welcome to my Airfryer cauliflower cheese tater tots recipe.
I love the idea that you can have easy food to enjoy with your family during the summer months. Food that gives the oven as little attention as possible and that you can take with your to barbeques, eat outside with as a family or just so that you can spend as little time in the kitchen over the summer months as possible.
Living in Portugal means that the temperature in August is often into the 40’s and our kitchen has stairs in it going up to our kids bedrooms and if we have the oven on it means their bedrooms are at the temperature of your local sauna or steam room.
Therefore our theme for August is always about outside cooking with indoor cooking kept to a minimum. It is also going to feature some our absolute favourite summer recipes. This is our first summer as full time food bloggers and we want to make the most of this lovely outdoor food.
To kick off the month we are introducing you to our Airfryer cauliflower cheese tater tots. These are absolutely delicious and take the attention to our kitchen gadgets and this means less time in the kitchen for us. Plus the Airfryer doesn’t make the kitchen as hot and it is perfect for adding to an outdoor buffet or to take with you to a friends barbeque.
I can’t claim this is healthy thanks to my love for cheddar cheese but it is not processed and is made with love. And not only will the kids love it but the adults will too.
- 1 Kilo Fresh Cauliflower
- 150g Cheddar Cheese
- 100ml Bread Crumbs
- 15ml Desiccated Coconut
- 15ml Oats
- 1 Large Egg
- 100g Onion (peeled and thinly diced)
- 1Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1Tsp Parsley
- 1Tsp Chives
- 1Tsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Chop your cauliflower up into florets and place it into your soup maker and steam it for 20 minutes with some water.
- While the cauliflower is cooking prepare your bread crumbs. Mix together in a bowl your coconut, oats and bread crumbs. In another bowl have your egg, beaten ready for when you bread crumb your tater tots.
- When your cauliflower is cooked, drain it and place it back in your soup maker with the salt, pepper and garlic puree. Blend until it resembles bread crumbs. Place it into a clean tea towel and squeeze it for a few minutes until you have drained out the water.
- Place the cauliflower in a mixing bowl with the onion and the rest of the herbs and the cheese and mix well. Shape into tater tots and then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Place in the Airfryer for 6 minutes at 180c followed by a further 10 minutes at 200c or until hot in the middle and nice and crispy on the outside.