This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Rack Of Lamb. A delicious combo of air fryer rack of lamb, Instant Pot mashed potatoes and a creamy homemade lamb gravy. Perfect for a quick healthy air fryer mini lamb roast for two.
Air Fryer Rack Of Lamb
Today is the final instalment of a 3 part series showing you how to cook ribs in the air fryer. Today we are sharing with you our air fryer rack of lamb, yesterday it was air fryer pork ribs and the day before that was air fryer lamb ribs.
We hope you enjoy the air fryer ribs series and it inspires you to try cooking ribs in the air fryer.
Though, I wanted to share with you that our air fryer rack of lamb happened by accident and was not pre-planned.
You see I am a grocery bargain hunter, or you might call be frugal, or cheap when it comes to grocery purchases.
It is rare that I will pay full price for any meat and will wait for the discounts to come and then bulk buy and freeze for later.
A few years ago, I grabbed lots of fresh whole turkeys for $6 each which is very rare here in Portugal and I also love to get reduced price chickens, pork and such like.
But once of the meats that I found find is overpriced is lamb. Outside of spring lamb season it costs a small fortune. So, what I did in the spring of 2019 was to bulk buy spring lamb and spring goat and loaded it into my freezer.
I must have had the equivalent of one full lamb and one full goat. I packaged it up and ate the lamb and goat whenever I wanted and was truly amazed by my bargain hunting.
In one of the freezer lamb bags, I put what I thought was just some ribs, but there was a sly rack of lamb that I wasn’t aware of. So instead of me just sharing with you our air fryer lamb ribs, we have the secret ingredients for air fryer rack of lamb too.
Can You Air Fry Lamb?
I often get asked if you can air fry lamb and the answer is a big fat YES! Lamb is truly spectacular in the air fryer and once you eat lamb the air fryer way there is no going back!
I have been blogging for than usual about air fryer lamb, and thanks to the above and getting lots of cheap spring lamb, as I always blog about what we eat in the Milner house, you have got some extra lamb recipes.
It amazes me the capabilities of the air fryer and below are just some air fryer lamb recipe ideas:
- Air Fryer Lamb Ribs (as shared this week)
- Air Fryer Oven Greek Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer Lamb Burgers
Air Fryer Mini Lamb Roast
When you make our air fryer rack of lamb what is great about it, is that it is truly perfect as an air fryer mini lamb roast.
It’s the perfect romantic meal for two and is so easy to prep and make too.
The two of you could make it together if you wanted and you can also make it ahead and then cook it when you come home from work.
Dominic and I made this air fryer rack of lamb meal together. While Dominic cooked and prepped the rack of lamb, I made the mash and gravy.
As a Brit we often compare a rack of lamb to a posh version of lamb chops just served with mash instead of air fryer roasted potatoes.
There is nothing more complicated to making air fryer rack of lamb than there is with making air fryer lamb chops, you are just trimming the rack of lamb before cooking and that is about it.
Power Air Fryer Oven Rack Of Lamb
One of the greatest things about owning the Power Air Fryer Oven, is that it is the perfect size for air fryer rack of lamb.
You see space and the way the Philips Air Fryer works is somewhat different.
Plus, I think of the Power Air Fryer Oven as more of a mini oven than an air fryer.
You can lay your air fryer oven rack of lamb directly on one of the shelves and then the air fryer oven works its magic.
And while the rack of lamb is cooking you can be cooking the Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes and the lamb gravy.
How Long To Air Fry Lamb?
Cooking air fryer rack of lamb is the same temperature and time as cooking air fryer lamb ribs.
They are of a similar size and even though the lamb ribs are slightly smaller, it allows you to cook your rack of lamb to a medium.
Air Fryer Rack Of Lamb Recipe
Ask a chef how to cook air fryer rack of lamb and you will have very simple instructions and you will be wondering why when watching Gordon Ramsay, that it seemed like something that was totally out of your reach.
I know I watch Gordon Ramsay and feel he is not relatable to the working mum, the retired grandad or the single person that adores lamb.
But my husband loves him, because as a chef himself, he feels like he learns something.
But this air fryer rack of lamb recipe, gives you an easy version that will make you feel as proud as a contestant on Masterchef that has impressed the super chef!
In the words of my chef husband Dominic:
- Frenching the rack of lamb. This just means you remove the meat/fat that connects the rib bones and gives it a clean French look.
- Slap your marinade on the rack of lamb. We used mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil on ours.
- Place your rack of lamb on a medium shelf in the air fryer oven. Too high and the rack will burn, too low and it won’t cook enough.
- Serve with mash and gravy. Make Instant Pot Mash while your rack of lamb is cooking and use the leftover ingredients for a quick blend lamb gravy.
Air Fryer Rack Of Lamb
Air Fryer Rack Of Lamb Ingredients:
- Start your Instant Pot mashed potatoes. Peel the potatoes and get them in the Instant Pot.
- French the rack of lamb. Using a knife trim down any fat or meat that connects each of the racks to each other.
- Cover your rack of lamb in your marinade ingredients (mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil) and place onto your air fryer oven shelf. Place the shelf on the 2nd shelf from the top.
- Set the time to 25 minutes and the temperature to 180c/360f.
- While the rack of lamb is cooking do your other prep. Mash your potatoes and add the rest of the ingredients into the blender for the homemade lamb gravy. I also reserve about 1tbsp of mashed potato to go in the blender with the gravy ingredients as it is a natural thickener.
- When the air fryer beeps, slice up your rack of lamb and serve each plate with mashed potatoes, lamb rack and your homemade lamb gravy.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: