This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Quorn Nuggets. How to cook frozen quorn chicken nuggets in the air fryer. With a crispy coating on the outside and a tender quorn centre, this will become an air fryer recipe keeper.
Ideal if you are vegan or vegetarian and want an alternative to air fryer frozen chicken nuggets. So good that you will struggle to tell the difference.
Well, I did it to Kyle AGAIN! I served him a meat free alternative, didn’t tell him and he couldn’t tell the difference.
Hahaha mum wins the vegan food game yet AGAIN.
Not that I am vegan of course, I just find it funny when he can’t tell the difference.
But to be fair, he has never tried quorn before and I just told him that I was testing out a new frozen food recipe for air fryer nuggets. Which technically, they are nuggets just of the quorn variety!
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
What Are Quorn Chicken Nuggets?
Quorn chicken nuggets are basically a meatless chicken nuggets. They look the same as a chicken nugget but are meat alterative for those that don’t eat chicken.
If you placed a quorn nugget next to a chicken nugget you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.
Though if you have not quorn before, then its very popular in the UK as a meat alternative and I notice for vegetarians and vegans are into the quorn rather than the tofu.
Are Quorn Nuggets Vegan?
They sure are. Quorn nuggets are 100% vegan and suitable for both vegetarians and vegans.
I met a nice lady in a shop last weekend, and she was telling me all the amazing things she does for her vegan son with quorn and it really opened my eyes to its capabilities.
Can You Cook Quorn Nuggets In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can and air fryer quorn nuggets are amazing. They are just as good as regular air fryer frozen chicken nuggets, and you will love the crisp on the batter.
In fact, I have only ever had quorn nuggets in the deep fat fryer and thought they were just as good.
Do Quorn Nuggets Taste Like McDonalds?
Yes, they do. I would say they are just like the chicken nuggets at McDonalds, even the batter reminds me of McDonalds, which is weird to say when these are not deep fried.
When comparing quorn nuggets vs chicken nuggets the biggest difference for me is that quorn nuggets are just like a leaner chicken breast or when you have had chicken nuggets that are more quality like the kind you would get at M&S.
How Do You Air Fry Quorn Nuggets?
- Load. Add your frozen quorn chicken nuggets into the air fryer basket.
- Cook. Air fry your vegan nuggets for 6 minutes and then shake them to make sure none are stuck together and for an even cook.
- Spray. Add a spraying of extra virgin olive oil and this will make your nuggets as crispy as the deep fat fryer but without the high fat content.
- Cook. Air fry for a final 6 minutes depending on how powerful your air fryer is and how crispy you would like them and then serve.
How Long To Cook Quorn Nuggets In Air Fryer?
The quorn chicken nuggets cooking time is JUST 12 minutes. What I recommend you do, is cook your quorn nuggets in the air fryer for 6 minutes and then shake the air fryer basket, before doing them for the final six minutes.
I also recommend for a BETTER crisp on your quorn nuggets is to spray with extra virgin olive oil.
More Air Fryer Frozen Kids Classics
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Meatballs
- Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Twizzlers
Plus, don’t miss our guide to cooking frozen food in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Quorn Nuggets
Quorn Nuggets Ingredients:
- 1 Pack Frozen Quorn Nuggets
- Olive Oil Spray
- Remove frozen quorn nuggets from the packaging and place in the air fryer making sure they are spread out. Air fry for 6 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Shake the nuggets and then spray with extra virgin olive oil to create a crispier coating.
- Air fry for a further 6 minutes at 180c/360f, or if you want them crispier opt for 200c/400f.