This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Pork & Apple Burgers. How to make the best pork and apple burgers in the air fryer using just ingredients from Aldi UK.
You will love how simple it to make these pork and apple burgers, how we serve them up with chips from potatoes that need using up and best of all, how cheap they are to make for a hassle free weeknight family dinner.
Table of Contents
Pork And Apple Burgers
If you read through Recipe This, or are a regular reader, then you will know I have a thing for air fryer burgers.
When I first arrived back in the UK last summer after 13 years in Portugal, one of my first stops was the butchers and to see what I have been missing all these years.
My eyes darted around at all the different types of sausages and burgers and how amazing they would be in the air fryer.
I took home some pork and apple burgers (something I hadn’t tried until then) and fell head over heels in LOVE.
2021 then became the summer I cooked more and more different meats than I have ever cooked in the air fryer.
Though in September, armed with the plan to eat exclusively for the month on Aldi produce I decided to make homemade pork burgers with Aldi ingredients and cook them in the air fryer.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
What Are Pork Apple Burgers?
Not heard of pork apple burgers? They are a delicious burger made with pork instead of beef mince. Pork mince is mixed with apple, and you can add in other favourite burger ingredients such as cheese and seasoning, to make a delicious burger.
Then you can serve your pork and apple burgers with what you serve with any burgers such as chips, garnish, burger buns etc.
Are Pork & Apple Burgers Healthy?
Yes, they are. That is because it’s a homemade pork burgers recipe, they are being cooked in the air fryer of the Ninja Foodi which reduces the excess fat and they are loaded up with ingredients of my choosing, so I know exactly what is in my pork and apple burgers.
Can You Cook Pork & Apple Burgers From Frozen?
You sure can and I have done air fryer frozen burgers many times. What I have noticed about frozen pork and apple burgers, is that they will often carry a lot more fat, so you will find your air fryer will take longer to clean compared to homemade burgers.
Can You Freeze Pork & Apple Burgers?
Yes, you sure can and I do this a LOT. I will batch prep loads of burgers, then freeze them on a large tray in the freezer.
Then once they are frozen, I will remove them from the tray and into freezer bags.
Doing it this way stops the burgers from sticking together and makes it easier for cooking your pork and apple burgers later from frozen.
Pork & Apple Burgers Aldi
I thought it would be great fun to live off Aldi ingredients for 28 days. I have been away from Aldi for a number of years and miss it so, so much.
I looked in the fridge and I had potatoes that had seen better days (see the close up pic in the ingredients section) and pork mince, cheese and apples in the fruit bowl.
I then used the Ninja Foodi to make pork and apple burgers and chips for us all for dinner.
If you shop at Aldi take note, that these burgers are amazing, don’t take long to prep and are perfect for a cheap dinner.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Pork & Apple Burger Recipe Ingredients
Pork – You can use any pork mince (or you might call it ground pork). Though if you can go with a leaner one as it will be less fatty and easier to cook with in the air fryer.
Apples – You can use any sweet apples, just grab a few from your fruit bowl and then peel them all so that they are ready for your burgers.
Cheese – Pork and apple burgers are even better, if you add in some grated cheese. It really makes them taste amazing and is it a good balance so that the pork and apple burgers bind well.
Seasonings – Then for your pork and apple burger seasoning, I recommend salt, pepper, mixed herbs, thyme, and garlic puree.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this simple pork and apple burgers recipe it has just been our Ninja Foodi. We have this one and its an air fryer and electric pressure cooker in one and makes amazing burgers.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our ninja foodi recipes category as we have many Ninja Foodi recipes and have been using air fryers for 10 years.
How To Cook Pork & Apple Burgers?
- Mix. Load into your first bowl all your pork apple burger ingredients. Then mix well with your hands to make your burgers.
- Prep. Peel and slice your potatoes and make into chips. Load them into a second bowl, with seasonings and extra virgin olive oil. Mix with your hands until the chips are well coated.
- Load. Add the chips into the air fryer basket and air fry on their own for 5 minutes.
- Add. Next add in the burgers and air fry for a further 18 minutes.
- Serve. Load your pork apple burgers into burger buns, add garnish and serve with your chips.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is to air fry pork and apple burgers and why it has become one of my favourite cheap dinners.
How Long To Cook Pork & Apple Burgers?
I recommend air frying your burgers for 18 minutes and your chips for 23 minutes. To have the pork burgers and the chips cooked at the same time, we recommend cooking the chips first for 5 minutes on their own.
Pork Apple Burgers Tips & Tricks
- We find the cook time for pork and apple burgers is longer because we are using the Ninja Foodi and it is slightly slower at air frying compared to the Philips that we normally cook with.
- I recommend using grated cheese in the burger recipe. This will help bind the burgers.
- Because we use cheese to bind the burgers, its great for keeping the burgers gluten free.
- I recommend air frying the chips first for five minutes. This will stop the chips from being underdone.
Interesting Air Fryer Trick – Did you know you could load the burger buns into the basket for a couple of minutes after the burgers are cooked? This will create amazing warm burger buns to go with your burgers.
Can you reheat your pork burgers? Yes, you sure can. Simply load back into the air fryer basket and air fry for 5 minutes at 160c/320f. Plus, if you love cheese you could add some sliced cheese on top too and it will melt onto the burgers.
Can you make ahead your air fryer burgers? You sure can. Simply load your pork and apple ingredients into a bowl, make your burgers, then fridge them for later.
What To Serve With Pork & Apple Burgers?
I recommend starting with pork and apple burger toppings. I like to add some salad garnish to mine such as lettuce and tomatoes and plenty of mayonnaise.
Then if you are like us, you will love it inside a burger bun. Though what we did was use some bread that we bought from Aldi that needed using up.
Then of course, we are serving our pork and apple burgers with some chips.
More Air Fryer Burger Recipes
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Vegan Lentil Burgers
- Air Fryer Burger In A Bowl
- Ninja Foodi Hamburgers
Your pork and apple burgers recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Pork & Apple Burgers Recipe
- Place the mince pork into a bowl. Peel and grate the apple and add to the bowl, as well as all other seasonings apart from the teaspoon of thyme. Add in grated cheese.
- Mix your burger ingredients with your hands and make into four pork and apple burgers.
- Peel and chop your potatoes into chips. Load into a bowl with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and your teaspoon of thyme. Mix well with your hands.
- Load your chips into the air fryer basket and then cook for 5 minutes at 180c/360f.
- When the air fryer beeps add your burgers and cook for 10 minutes at the same temperature, flip the burgers, and shake the chips and then cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Load into burger buns with salad garnish and sauce.