How to bake air fryer sugar cookies. We made heart shaped sugar cookies and then covered them with pink icing and sprinkles for the ultimate treat in the air fryer.
Featuring pink icing, a heart cutter and plenty of cookies in the air fryer, what is not to love.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Sugar Cookies
Last summer we did two amazing road trips.
One was to Wales, The Lakes, and a bit of the Yorkshire Dales. We left on the day that the kids broke up for the summer holidays and it was a long evening as we drove to Wales.
Then we came home for a couple of weeks and then headed off on our other two week break. We did Northumberland, Edinburgh, a little bit of the North York Moors, Whitby, visited friends in Newcastle and then headed back home.
Whilst heading back into the Yorkshire Dales on the way home we visited some local tea rooms that had the most amazing afternoon tea spread. Everything on it was delicious and Sofia spotted some make your own cookies boxes, on our way out when we were queuing to pay the bill.
I am sure she was most taken with the heart shaped cutter, than she was with the mix itself.
We took it home with us and then after unpacking and getting all the laundry done, we made heart shaped sugar cookies with this delicious mix.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
What Are Sugar Cookies?
Sugar cookies it was they call our iced biscuits in the US. Think of those cute biscuits you had as a kid (and still love how) that is coated in 100’s and 1000’s and you have air fryer sugar cookies.
Or as this box mix calls them iced shortbread biscuits.
Can You Air Fry Sugar Cookies?
Yes, you can air fry sugar cookies and you will love how good sugar cookies are when they are cooked in the air fryer.
I have made many different cookies in the air fryer, and love to air fry sugar cookies or shortbread the most because it is the easiest.
Can I Bake Cookies In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can bake cookies in an air fryer, and I have done it for many years, and before that Chef Dom was baking cookies in the air fryer for me.
You can also make other festive cookies and its not just heart sugar cookies for valentines day. For example, we have also done air fryer gingerbread men, air fryer Halloween cookies, and air fryer mini egg cookies for Easter.
Can You Put Raw Cookie Dough In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can put raw cookie dough in the air fryer, and I have always done this. BUT and a BIG BUT, always add a layer of foil first to the air fryer basket and lay your cookies on the foil if using cookie dough.
Heart shaped sugar cookies don’t need it because the dough is firmer and wont make the mess but traditional cookies will.
Are Air Fryer Cookies Good?
Yes, they are delicious. Us as a family have been enjoying cookies in the air fryer for more than 10 years now, and just couldn’t imagine making cookies in the oven again.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Sugar Cookies Air Fryer Ingredients
As you know, we are using a heart sugar cookie box mix, but if you want to go homemade, we recommend you follow our air fryer shortbread cookies recipe instead.
Then beyond the box mix we also used:
Butter – You will need some butter at room temperature. I prefer unsalted when I am baking but it is personal choice.
Then you just need some extra flour for dusting your workstation.
We also added some pink food colouring so that we can achieve the perfect pink valentines day sugar cookies.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this valentines day sugar cookies recipe it has been our Cosori Air Fryer. We recommend this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Make Sugar Cookies In Air Fryer?
- Load. Start by loading into a bowl the flour and sugar into a bowl. Then add the butter.
- Rub. Keep rubbing the fat into the flour and sugar until it resembles a soft shortbread style dough.
- Roll. Flour your clean workstation and then roll the dough out to the thickness you want for your sugar cookies.
- Cut. Use a heart cutter (can be a different cutter for other celebrations) and cut out as many heart shaped cookies as possible. If you have some dough left we recommend rolling again and making a few extra ones.
- Cook. Then place into the air fryer basket and air fry for 8 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Cool. Remove the heart shaped sugar cookies from the air fryer with a spatula and transfer to a cooling tray.
- Icing. Once cool load into a bowl the icing sugar and enough water to make a thick icing consistency. Then add in a little pink food colouring at a time and keep stirring until you are happy with the colour. Then you can decorate the valentines day heart cookies.
And I am sure you can see now how easy sugar cookies in air fryer are and why you should be doing it too!
How To Decorate Valentine Cookies?
The decorated heart shape cookies is all down to Sofia & Jorge. At 8 and 6 they took charge.
They dipped their sugar cookies into the pink icing to create a thick top layer of icing.
Then they laid the heart shaped cookies on a clean chopping board.
Then they added a few sprinkles on top and waited for them to set.
This is how they then looked once done:
More Box Mixes On Recipe This
When we are travelling and on road trips, it’s become a Milner travel tradition to grab a box mix and see how to can cook with it at home with our kitchen gadgets. Here are a few more ideas for you to check out next.
- Air Fryer Box Cake
- Air Fryer Gingerbread Men
- Air Fryer Halloween Cookies
- Air Fryer Box Cornbread
- Instant Pot Box Cake
- Instant Pot Kraft Mac & Cheese
Your decorated heart shape cookies air fryer recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Heart Sugar Cookies
- Sugar Cookies Box Mix/Biscuit Mix
- 150 g Unsalted Butter room temperature
- Plain Flour/All Purpose Flour for rolling
- Pink Food Colouring optional
- Place the flour, and sugar mixes from your box mix into a bowl and add the butter.
- Rub the fat into the sugar and flour, until you have the perfect dough ball.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean worktop and onto a rolling pin and then roll out your dough.
- Use a cutter to cut heart shapes and then if you have spare dough, re roll and then do more heart shapes until you are out of dough.
- Place the heart shaped sugar cookies into the air fryer basket and air fry for 8 minutes at 180c/360f. Then allow to cool.
- Once cool mix your icing. Add your icing mix to a bowl and add a little water at a time gradually until you have a creamy icing consistency. Then add a little pink icing and keep stirring until you reach the perfect colour.
- Dip a heart cookie (one at a time) into the icing to fully coat and then place them on a chopping board to set.
- Cover with sprinkles and place in the fridge for 20 minutes for the icing to set before tucking in.