Easter egg biscuits don’t get any better than soft and chewy mini egg cookies. Cooked in the air fryer to perfection and ideal for getting into the Easter season, these are a Milner family favourite.
Even better, you can use this as your go to recipe for any leftover Easter chocolate, mini eggs and also freeze them for later.
Mini Egg Cookies
When I think favourite chocolate, mini eggs are always in my top 5. Along with Galaxy Smooth, Lindt, Wispa Gold and Terry’s Chocolate Orange.
There is just something about them and those bags of mini eggs just go way too fast…..well unless I am considered greedy of course!
As soon as January arrives, I notice that every corner shop has a lot more mini eggs than usual and I am looking forward to a fun baking session with the kids.
We will add mini eggs to every favourite cookie, biscuit and cake and comment how much better it tastes and how much better it looks thanks to those few mini eggs on top.
What I really like to do, is take my favourite air fryer white chocolate chip cookies recipe and swap the lovely Milkybar for Cadbury’s mini eggs. I will crush some mini eggs into the cookie batter as well as adding a few on top once cooked.
This is the method I will be sharing with you today for making your own mini egg cookies at home.
You will love how simple this mini egg cookie recipe is and how you can swap it for other favourite chocolates too.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
What Are Mini Egg Cookies?
Put simply, mini egg cookies are cookies made with Cadbury’s Mini Eggs. You replace chocolate chips in classic air fryer chocolate chip cookies with crushed mini eggs as well as adding some extra ones on top.
If you live in the UK you are likely to call them Easter egg biscuits or mini egg biscuits.
Can You Buy Mini Eggs All Year Round?
Yes, you can. But this also depends on where you live. I notice that the bigger places sell them all year around, yet at your corner shop you will struggle to get them once Easter is over and done with.
Though it is also worth mentioning that Cadbury’s Mini Eggs are more expensive outside of Spring.
Better to stockpile your mini eggs for later in the summer. Then you can have easter egg cookies whenever you want!
My Mini Egg Cookie Dough
Before we dive into the mini egg cookies ingredients, I wanted to share with you four differences that you will not expect to find in these Easter egg cookies compared to other recipes. And I am sure at least one of these differences will surprise you!
- Mini Eggs Cookies Without Egg – It wasn’t until I was in my 30’s that I realised that on the other side of the pond that eggs are traditionally used in cookie dough. I have never used eggs and it also means there is no raw egg when you want to binge on cookie dough.
- Mini Eggs Cookie Recipe Without Brown Sugar – I remember once craving cookies and not having any brown sugar in. The chef hubby swapped it for white and I couldn’t believe how much better they tasted. If I am making cookies such as white chocolate ones, I will opt for white instead of brown.
- Mini Egg Cookies With Margarine – I also often use margarine or even olive oil spread instead of butter in cookies. Cookies with margarine taste better than with butter and mix better and are often lighter cookies.
- Mini Egg Cookies With Self Raising Flour – If you use self raising flour instead of plain, they will puff up a little and turn into much bigger cookies. Though you can use either plain flour (also called all purpose) or self raising flour.
Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies Recipe
There is nothing worse than when you go to the pick and mix, and they have fake mini eggs. They taste awful compared to Cadbury’s and if making mini egg cookies make sure you buy the real thing.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Mini Egg Cookies Ingredients
Flour – I recommend using self raising flour in these Easter mini egg cookies. It will make them expand a little and look like giant cookies rather than small ones.
Sugar – For the best mini egg cookies I recommend using granulated or caster sugar. It makes amazing cookie dough and makes them nice and sweet compared to using brown sugar.
Margarine – Then I recommend you use margarine, or a low chosterol spread such as Flora. It is easier to mix with than butter, makes the cookies a little richer and ensures that your mini egg cookies are soft and chewy.
Flavour – Then for extra flavour I recommend using vanilla essence and golden syrup. Or you can swap the golden syrup for honey, maple syrup etc.
Eggs – Then you will need a bag of Cadbury’s mini eggs to complete the cookies. Or even better, mix and match between the mini eggs and leftover easter eggs.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this air fryer mini egg cookie recipe it has just been our Cosori Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Make Mini Egg Cookies?
- Mix. Add the margarine and the sugar into a mixing bowl and mix with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Load. Next load into the bowl the golden syrup and the vanilla essence and mix again.
- Flour. Next add in your flour and mix with a hand mixer until you have a soft cookie dough.
- Add. Crush your mini eggs and then add them in and stir with a fork or your hand. Then make into cookie dough balls.
- Cook. Then cook in the air fryer on a layer of foil until you have soft and chewy easter cookies. This took approximately 8 minutes at 180c/360f with our air fryer.
- Finish. Then for the final step add your extra mini eggs over the cookies before serving.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is to cook easter mini egg cookies in an air fryer and why you should be doing it too!
Easter Egg Cookies
What you will love most about our Easter Egg Cookies, is that you can rinse and repeat with any of your favourite Easter chocolate and leftover Easter eggs.
Imagine you have half a chocolate egg left and some chocolates. Then you could use the half the chocolate egg and crush it up as a chocolate chip replacement and then add the leftover chocolates over the cookies just as they are cooked.
Can You Freeze Mini Egg Cookies?
Yes, you can and its perfect for the leftovers. I recommend you load them into the freezer on a tray and allow them to 75% freeze.
Then move to a freezer bag such as a Ziploc bag.
This will stop your homemade mini egg cookies from sticking together in the freezer and then you can remove one at a time when you fancy a cookie treat.
Though, none made it into our freezer. I am such a cookie dough fan, I ate loads of the cookie dough and only just had enough for 4 mini egg cookies and note there were five of us!
Mini Egg Cookies Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Make your cookie dough into balls and then it will cook better in the air fryer basket.
- I find that four cookies will fit in my air fryer so if doing a lot, then do them in batches.
- No need to bring the margarine to room temperature as it mixes very well even when it has come straight from the fridge.
- Be fast when adding the mini eggs to the top of your cookies. They will melt quick otherwise.
- We cook the cookies on foil. This stops the air fryer from getting dirty, but is also a great way to remove the cookies from the air fryer on the foil. You can then eat the cookies from the foil if you wish.
Interesting Air Fryer Trick – You could also make a mini egg cookie pie by loading the whole cookie dough into an air fryer baking pan and it will come out like the Pizza Hut cookie skillet.
More Easter Treats In The Air Fryer
Your mini egg cookie recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Mini Egg Cookies
- Place margarine and sugar into a bowl and mix with a hand blender until creamy. Then add in the golden syrup and the vanilla essence and mix some more.
- Then finally add in the flour and mix with the hand blender until you have a creamy dough.
- Crush a bag of mini eggs by bashing with a rolling pin and then add to the bowl and mix well.
- Make your cookie dough into medium sized balls and then load four at a time into the air fryer basket over a layer of foil. Air fry, your mini egg cookies for 8 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Whilst the air fryer is on chop your mini eggs into halves and quarters and place on top of the cookies.
- Remove the cookies whilst still on foil from the air fryer, and allow them to cool before serving.