Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs. Delicious creamy Swedish Meatballs cooked fast in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Simple pantry staples make my Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs a cheap weeknight dinner.
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs isa delicious family recipe. Originally published on recipethis.com in April of 2016 and we have now updated it for the Instant Pot and other electric pressure cookers.
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs is one of those OMG this is so easy in the Instant Pot type of Instant Pot Recipes.
That is because you make your meatballs and then submerge them into your beef stock. It is so easy that my under 5’s took charge when we converted the Swedish Meatballs to the Instant Pot.
After cooking time is up, simply thicken up your Swedish Meatballs sauce and you’re ready to go.
Serve your Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs with your favourite sides and your Instant Pot Meatballs are on the dinner table.
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs Ikea
You’re probably here because you have heard about how awesome Swedish Meatballs are at Ikea and want to recreate them at home in your Instant Pot.
Well let me share a secret with you first, its not the Swedish Meatballs I love the most about food at Ikea. I love their cheap bars of dark chocolate.
Because I don’t go to Ikea that often, when I do go, I always stock up on my favourite Swedish dark chocolate.
I am sure if you like dark chocolate you would love Ikea dark chocolate as much as you love Ikea’s Swedish Meatballs!
Also, as a food blogger Ikea excites me with all the different kitchen accessories and tools you can buy.
I am sure it is impossible to leave Ikea without buying something for your kitchen!
Instant Pot Swedish Meatball Sauce
For me when I have Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs it is all about the Swedish Meatball Sauce.
The Swedish Meatball Sauce is so good because it combines the beef stock with a thick creamy sauce and as the meatballs cook it adds even more flavour in.
To make your own homemade Swedish Meatball Sauce you can mix and match depending on what ingredients you have in your pantry.
- Coconut Milk – Keep the sauce Paleo or Whole30 friendly by using coconut milk as the creamer.
- Single Cream – You can also use single cream to thicken your sauce, but I prefer when I make my Swedish Meatballs to use soft cheese.
- Gravy Granules – Love them or loathe them gravy granules work like magic to thicken up a sauce. Plus, with the beef flavouring they add to the flavour even more. You can also use corn flour or cream of mushroom soup.
- Beef Stock – What I like to do is freeze my leftover stock and then use it for recipes like my Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs. It gives you a fantastic flavour and is a much healthier option. I then cook the Swedish Meatballs in the beef stock instead of adding just water to the Instant Pot.
Here is our thick and yummy Swedish Meatball Sauce on the wooden spoon:
Best Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
The Instant Pot makes such a difference when you’re making Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs. You see you can cook the meatballs at pressure, while submerged in the beef stock.
When your Instant Pot beeps you can scoop up your meatballs and make your thick creamy Swedish sauce.
Mix the meatballs back into the Swedish sauce and you have dinner.
You can also be lazy on washing up and just use the Instant Pot and not bother using a nice serving dish. Then give each person a bowl, add in some sides and you have dinner.
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs Keto
YES! My Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs are KETO. I don’t follow Keto but with the balance of it being so low in carbs and loaded with fat from the beef stock and the creamy sauce, it makes it the perfect keto dinner.
It is also easy to adapt for the Whole30 and Paleo too. All you would need to do is swap the cheese for coconut milk.
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs With Egg Noodles
If you don’t follow Keto, our favourite side for serving your Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs is some egg noodles.
The delicious meatball sauce soaks into the egg noodles and it’s like the best combo you’ve ever tried.
After you’ve had your Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs With Egg Noodles there will be no going back!
Using A Meatball Press
If you want to make your Swedish Meatballs look posh like they just came out of IKEA then I would suggest that you invest in a Meatball Press.
Its such a cool bit of kit and OMG it makes your meatballs look amazing.
No arguing over who gets the big one, as they will all be equal sized.
Here it is in action when we made our Air Fryer Honey & Mustard Pork Meatballs:
MORE Air Fryer Meatball Recipes
I am a HUGE fan of meatballs and cook them frequently in the air fryer. I love them with different types of mince including chicken meatballs, pork meatballs, turkey meatballs and of course beef meatballs.
Here are a few Air Fryer Meatball Recipes:
- Air Fryer Party Meatballs
- Air Fryer Honey & Mustard Pork Meatballs
- Air Fryer Vegan Meatballs
- Air Fryer Moroccan Couscous Meatballs
- Air Fryer Jamaican Chicken Meatballs
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
- Pour your beef broth into the Instant Pot inner pot.
- In a bowl add your Swedish Meatball ingredients and mix well so that your mince is well seasoned.
- Using a meatball press make your mince into meatball shapes and submerge them into the beef broth in your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 5 minutes on manual pressure. After 5 minutes natural pressure release, manually release pressure.
- Pour your meatballs and beef broth into a bowl for now.
- Put your Instant Pot on sauté and when it gets hot add in your soft cheese as well as a little bone broth at a time until you have a thick sauce. Add in the garlic and mix some more.
- Add the meatballs back into the Instant Pot, gently mix and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: