This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Do you have an instant pot and a box of stovetop stuffing? Then let me introduce you to instant pot stuffing from a box. A very easy and quick way to get stuffing on the dinner table and can be made ahead.
This instant pot boxed stuffing recipe will also work with ANY boxed stuffing and perfect for Sunday dinners, thanksgiving, Christmas, easter etc.
Stuffing From A Box
I mentioned yesterday in our microwave stovetop stuffing recipe, and the day before yesterday in our microwave paxo stuffing recipe, how easy it is to use stuffing from a box.
But of course, the focus there was on the microwave. What about cooking stuffing from a box in the instant pot pressure cooker?
I am using Stovetop stuffing, but you can follow this method with any brand of stuffing.
This is also perfect for if you are having a lot of side dishes going on, and you just want a quick stress free way to put stuffing on the dinner table.
Plus, you don’t need to put the stuffing in the oven, as everything happens in the instant pot.
Are You New To The Instant Pot?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
What Is Stuffing Made Of?
It can vary a little from whereabouts you live in the world, but generally stuffing is made of a mixture of sausage meat and bread and usually includes onions and some dried herbs too.
Over in the UK stuffing is usually made of meat, sage, onion, and some bread chunks as well as breadcrumbs.
Yet, in the US its more usual for it to be sausages that have had the skin removed and pan fried with breadcrumbs.
How To Make Stuffing Without Oven?
I don’t recommend using the oven for making stuffing. Mainly because why preheat an oven for a small side dish? But also because of the cost of energy bills.
Can You Make Stuffing Without Butter?
Yes, you can make stuffing without butter, but it will make it bland and will stop your stuffing from having the wow factor.
Think of how boring bread is when you make air fryer toast, and you didn’t butter the toast before eating.
Well, it’s the same thing.
Though you can swap the butter for a low fat spread.
How To Make Boxed Stuffing Better?
The best way to spruce up your boxed stuffing is to add extras to it.
- You can swap water for stock or even for white wine.
- You can add in extra seasonings
- You can add in onion, and even some celery.
Would you like easy & amazing instant pot recipes from instant pot experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST instant pot beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful instant pot resources.
Boxed Stuffing Ingredients
Stuffing – You will need one box of stouffers stovetop stuffing or a similar stuffing box mix.
Liquid – When making this recipe you can make it with any liquid that suits stuffing. This can be white wine, veggie stock, chicken stock or even keeping it basic with water.
Butter – Then to make your stuffing taste better then you will need some butter. Just a heaped tablespoon will do the trick and you can also swap this for margarine or another favourite.
Onion. I am also sprucing up my box of stuffing with some sauteed onion. Adding in the onion and the butter first and then adding in the stock and stuffing mix.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this instant pot stuffing from a box recipe it has just been our Instant Pot. We have this one and it’s my favourite and great for a lot of different instant pot quick recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our instant pot recipes category as we have many electric pressure cooker recipes and have been using instant pots for 5 years.
How To Make Stuffing From A Box?
- Sauté. First place a peeled and diced onion into the instant pot and saute with a little butter. This flavours your instant pot.
- Load. Place your stock or other liquid into the instant pot and deglaze the instant pot. Then leaving the instant pot on saute, bring the instant pot liquid to boiling.
- Add. Once the instant pot is boiling add in your boxed stuffing and stir well.
- Cook. Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and let it carry on sauteing with the lid closed for 5 minutes. Then press cancel after 5 minutes and then load into a serving dish.
And I am sure you can see now how simple and easy it is to cook instant pot stuffing from a box and why you should be doing the same.
More Instant Pot Hacks
If you would like to try even more instant pot hacks, that make using the instant pot even easier, then check out the recipes below:
- Instant Pot Spaghetti & Frozen Meatballs
- Instant Pot Frozen Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Frozen Broccoli
- Instant Pot Egg Loaf
- Instant Pot Popcorn
- Instant Pot Caramel
Your instant pot boxed stuffing recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free instant pot ebooks and useful instant pot cook time charts and so much more.
Instant Pot Stuffing From A Box
- Peel and dice an onion and load into the instant pot with your butter. Sauté until your onion has started to brown.
- Deglaze the instant pot with 2 cups (480ml) of liquid. We did ½ water and ½ white wine.
- Then keeping the sauté function on, add in your stuffing box mix and stir well. Then place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and allow it to sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Then after 5 minutes press cancel, release any pressure that has been created, stir again, and serve.