How To Reheat Apple Pie In Air Fryer. Introducing you to the best way to reheat apple pie and other fruit pies using the air fryer. Works perfectly with one slice of pie or a whole pie.
You will love how the fruit pie crust remains crispy and not soggy and how it feels like a new pie and not a reheated one.
How To Reheat Apple Pie
As a kid I always remember my dad’s obsession with warm apple pie. There would be a Sunday lunch with my mum cooking for us and my grandparents. There would be roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, plenty of other sides and warm apple pie for dessert.
Though what I always thought was funny, was the day after we had Sunday dinner and he was there, when my mum was not looking, bingeing on the leftover apple pie.
Like it was the perk of my mums homemade apple pie was eating the leftovers the next day.
But leftover apple pie doesn’t have to be served cold on its own as a Monday afternoon binge.
It can be even better if you reheat the apple pie, grab some squirty cream or some ice cream and treat it like a brand new apple pie.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
Can You Reheat Apple Pie In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. The air fryer does a fantastic job at reheating your leftover apple pie. In my opinion it is the best way to reheat apple pie.
Unlike the microwave that reheats apple pie faster, the air fryer stops it from been soggy and its like a brand new apple pie.
Can You Reheat Apple Pie The Next Day?
Yes, you can, and this is when I usually reheat apple pie. You can also make ahead too.
Imagine you are doing a Sunday lunch and are wanting to serve an apple pie. You have a lot going on and you don’t want to have to worry about the apple pie.
You could solve this problem by making the apple pie the day before and then reheating a whole apple pie just before it needs serving.
Can You Reheat Apple Pie Twice?
Yes, you can reheat apple pie twice. This is because there is no meat involved, so there are not the same risks compared to reheating turkey breast in the air fryer.
Though what I prefer to do, is just reheat enough apple pie and then I can reheat a slice at a time in the air fryer.
Reheat Store Bought Apple Pie
Or another idea is to buy a store bought apple pie ahead of time and then reheat this in the air fryer.
In fact, this is exactly what we are doing for you in the air fryer today. I was in my local supermarket and saw a deal on ready made pies as I walked by the bakery section.
They had bramley apple pies and cherry pies.
I thought rather than making you our air fryer apple pie and reheating that, that most of you would be buying shop bought pies for Thanksgiving and would rather see a reheated store bought pie, as that’s what you would be using.
With Jorge by my side, as the only one in the Milner house that likes warm fruit pies, we reheated apple pie and cherry pie in the air fryer, to experiment with it for you.
How To Reheat A Whole Apple Pie?
- Load. Add your precooked whole apple pie into the air fryer. Its okay if its on a foil tray.
- Reheat. Air fry for 8 minutes depending on how powerful your air fryer is and then double check that it is reheated in the centre. The easiest way to do this is with a knife into the middle and then check that the knife is pipping hot on touch.
- Serve. Then grab your favourite pie sides (I love squirty cream) and serve.
How To Heat Up A Slice Of Apple Pie?
If you want to reheat just a slice of apple pie in the air fryer, then it is done in a similar way.
- Add a layer of foil into the air fryer basket to stop the apple pie making a mess of your air fryer or sticking.
- Load the air fryer with your apple pie slice.
- Cook at a low to medium temperature in the air fryer. Too hot and you will have dry pie.
- Then serve with cream or ice cream.
Beyond Reheating Apple Pie
It doesn’t just have to be apple pie that you are reheating in the air fryer. These air fryer cook times will work with any fruit pie that you want to warm up. Such as:
- Air Fryer Cherry Pie
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie
- Air Fryer Key Lime Pie
- Air Fryer Rhubarb Pie
For example, here is my cherry pie reheated in the air fryer:
How Long To Reheat Apple Pie?
The recommended cooking time for reheating apple pie in air fryer is JUST 8 minutes for reheating a whole apple pie, or 4 minutes for just a slice of leftover apple pie.
As you can see, the cook times are much higher compared to the microwave (a slice would be 1 minute compared to 4 minutes in the air fryer) but its worth it for the extra 3 minutes as air fryer reheated fruit pies are amazing.
What Temperature Do You Reheat Apple Pie?
The recommended reheat apple pie temperature is 160c/320f. This is because you want to reheat the apple pie and not just re-cook it.
Plus, it stops the pie from getting dried out during the reheat process.
More Food You Can Reheat In An Air Fryer
- Reheat Fries In Air Fryer
- Reheat Steak In Air Fryer
- Reheat Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
- Reheat Turkey Breast In Air Fryer
Plus, don’t miss our guide to reheating food in the air fryer.
How To Reheat Apple Pie In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
Reheat Apple Pie Ingredients:
- 1 Leftover Apple Pie
- Squirty Cream optional
- Ice Cream optional
- Whole Apple Pie. Place apple pie in the air fryer in its foil container. Air fry for 8 minutes at 160c/320f. Then check with a knife that it is piping hot in the centre before serving.
- Apple Pie Slice. Place a layer of foil in the air fryer and then add a slice of cold apple pie. Air fry for 4 minutes at 160c/320f and then serve.