Welcome to my frugal chicken enchiladas recipe.
I have loved wraps for a long time. What is there not to love? The fact that you have a delicious wrap filled with whatever your favourite food is.
In many ways we have become boring with what we fill them with. It always ends up being the same food time and time again. Not that I don’t like the food that goes in it but I have become stuck in my ways and keep promising myself to do it in new different ways.
My usual wraps are always one of three ways:
- With tuna and mayonnaise as part of a summer picnic on the beach or by the side of a swimming pool.
- A chicken fajitas evening where we will make chicken fajitas in the slow cooker and then serve them with some chicken wings and some salad, And then we will all enjoy the moment of filling our wraps up.
- With pulled pork after all wraps were meant for filling with pulled pork. We will then have it with potatoes and salad and it will make a really yummy Friday night supper.
So I decided once and for all to make the effort and have them a different way. This made perfect timing for some Chicken Enchiladas as we had never had them before and wanted to give them a good try. So to warm us up for a cold evening in late April these were the meal of choice. It was a Saturday night and Dominic had been working hard in the office all day, loading up my latest blog posts and we all shared these delicious enchiladas when he was done!
Though they did say next time they would be nicer without spice. It seems no matter how hard I try I can never quite talk them into spicy food. A bit of coriander is normally as far as I can push it!#Frugal #Chicken #Enchiladas Recipe @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
How Frugal Is Chicken Enchiladas?
Our chicken enchiladas recipe works out at 3,40€ for a family of four or 0,85€ each. Or if you are based in America then this is just $0.94 per mouth that you have to feed!
- In a large pan add your onion, chicken, garlic puree, tomato puree and olive oil. Cook for 8 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the tomato sauce and seasoning.
- Fill the contents into six wraps, saving about 3 tablespoons of the sauce for later.
- Line a casserole dish with your wraps, pour the sauce on top and then cover with your cheddar cheese.
- Cook at 180c for 20 minutes and then serve.