Air Fryer Pull Apart Bread Rolls. Delicious homemade air fryer bread rolls that are easy to prep and bake perfectly in the air fryer, actifry or air fryer oven. Mix and match ingredients based on season and much cheaper than buying bread rolls from the bakery.
Table of Contents
Homemade Bread In Air Fryer
Welcome to my Air Fryer Pull Apart Bread. The bread of your dreams that you can make over and over again and use for a whole variety of dishes, not just pull apart bread.
I remember the day I decided I wanted to get a bread maker in our kitchen again. It was the day that we viewed the house that we now own.
It was a summers day in 2014 and there was a lack of communication between the property owners and the estate agents.
When we arrived to view the house, the owners were all there having their breakfast. I had never seen such a big family in quite a small house and there was mattresses everywhere to home everybody.
But the smell of the fresh bread drove me crazy.
That smell that makes you want to eat bread straight away even if you are not hungry.
I thought if I get this country cottage, I am going to buy a bread maker and make delicious smelling bread like this.
That time did come, and I do have this bread maker now and I can happily say, as I type this it is making me more homemade bread!
If I am in a rush for some homemade bread, I will get the bread maker out, make the bread dough, then cook it in the air fryer. Or if I am not in a rush make it all with the air fryer.
I will show you how to do both today so that you can get lost in the comforting world of homemade bread.
Can I Bake Bread In An Air Fryer?
Absolutely! And OMG it is amazing and if you love bread, making it in the air fryer will become your latest air fryer thing.
It is like classic bread rolls that are cooked touching one another that become air fryer pull apart bread.
Make this pull apart this bread for supper and serve with your favourite soups and casseroles. I love it most with our soup maker chicken soup, slow cooker venison stew, or to make gammon sandwiches after making slow cooker gammon in coke.
You can also use our air fryer bread dough for a whole range of other recipes. Use it to make pizza, make into a bread loaf or just keep as your go to bread rolls recipe.
Pre-Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA – Barnes & Noble – Indigo – Book Shop – Books A Million
- Australia: Booktopia – Mighty Ape
- UK/Rest Of The World: Amazon UK – Waterstones –– Book Depository
Bread Rolls Vs Dinner Rolls
Though, I am sure where you live, it might not be called bread rolls.
I would of course just call it bread rolls, but many parts of the world have a different name. In Manchester, England it is always called a barm cake. Or maybe instead of bread rolls you call it dinner rolls?
No matter what its name to you, know that you can adapt it, it is easy to make, and it freezes perfectly too.
How To Bake Bread In An Air Fryer?
- Prep the dough. You can do it the easy way in your bread machine or you can make it by hand, by following our instructions below.
- Balls. Make your bread dough into equal sized dough balls. You can make lots of small dough balls like we do with pull apart bread or you can go bigger and have individual bread rolls that are ideal for serving with soup.
- Air fry. Load your dinner rolls into the air fryer basket and air fry. You will love how well they cook, and you can make them golden with some egg wash.
Bread In Air Fryer
You are probably wanting to know what is the best bread in the air fryer and I find that its about personal choice and how you love your air fryer rolls.
In the Milner house we are more likely to be making regular dinner rolls rather than pull apart ones. We will have dinner rolls to go with some soup or for some sandwiches for a picnic. Or even bulk up and then load cold dinner rolls in the blender to make breadcrumbs.
But if it’s a Friday night and we want something special then we will make air fryer pull apart bread.
It works exactly the same as making air fryer classic bread rolls, you are just loading them next to each other in an air fryer baking pan like this:
Then load into the air fryer basket with some egg wash and air fry:
Then a few minutes later you have perfectly cooked air fryer pull apart bread rolls:
Though even better, if you leave them in the baking pan raw for an extra couple of minutes, they will continue to rise and they will be HUGE.
Frozen Rolls In Air Fryer
Another great idea is to make these bread rolls in advance, then freeze once cool. That way you can reheat your bread from frozen in the air fryer.
If doing frozen rolls in the air fryer I recommend 100c/210f for 10 minutes on an air fryer that is not preheated.
But just in case your frozen rolls are smaller than ours, check on your bread rolls at 6 minutes.
Listen To Air Fryer Easy Pull Apart Bread Rolls
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
Air Fryer Bread Videos
We also made some bread videos and loaded them onto You Tube for you:
Air Fryer Pull Apart Bread Rolls
- Prepare the bread. Rub your butter into your flour until the butter is well mixed in. Warm the milk and oils in a pan until they are luke warm. Add the yeast and the pan mixture into the bowl and mix with your hands until it makes a dough. Knead the bread for 5 minutes. Place the bread dough into the air fryer basket to prove. Set the time to 10 minutes and the temperature to 60c/140f
- Easy Pull Apart Bread. For it to become pull apart bread rolls, make them into medium sized bread rolls but make sure that they are touching each other and don’t have room to breathe. And place the bread rolls into an air fryer baking pan.
- Brown Glaze. Brush the tops of the dinner rolls with egg wash and then airfry for 15 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Regular Rolls. If you would like large regular rolls place 5 bread roll doughballs into the air fryer basket and air fry for the same time and temp. The doughwe made makes 9 and you will need to do it in two batches.