Air Fryer Egg Fried Rice
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Egg Fried Rice. An easy air fryer recipe that is perfect for using up your leftover rice from dinner the day before.
Let me show you how to transform boring leftover recipe into the best tasting Chinese style egg fried rice that you have ever tried.
Air Fryer Fried Rice
Do you like fried rice? I remember the first time I ever ate some. It was my first ever night out with the girls. Out with my mum and her girlfriends and we were at a Chinese restaurant.
It was a lovely Chinese restaurant with a great atmosphere. One of my mum’s friends took charge in the food ordering for the table and ordered a few portions of Chinese fried rice.
That way we could all enjoy some with our Chinese mains.
I tucked into it, with excitement for something new and as a big paella fan and pilau rice fan, I was looking forward to the Chinese equivalent.
Well, it was even better than I thought it would be and I have not eaten Chinese food since, without a side of fried rice.
Today, I wanted to follow up from our how to reheat rice in the air fryer where we showed you how to cook a frozen fried rice ready meal, with how to make your own egg fried rice using the air fryer.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
Can You Cook Rice In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. The air fryer is fantastic for cooking a range of foods that you would normally cook on the stove or in the oven.
When you cook rice in the air fryer, its like when you do air fryer mac and cheese, and you need a container for doing so.
Making rice in air fryer similar to when you make a baked rice dish in the oven.
Can You Make Fried Rice In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. It is similar to when you make classic Chinese fried rice in the wok. You cook the rice first, then you stir fry the veggies, the egg and load up the rice. Then you continue cooking the rice and the other ingredients until you have crispy fried rice.
In the air fryer, the same rules apply, you have precooked rice, then you load everything up to cook together.
Though, I do think that the air fryer method is better.
That is because its more hands free, its quicker and the rice has a better crisp on it.
Do You Pre Cook Rice For Fried Rice?
Yes, you do. You can follow our instant pot brown rice recipe if you don’t have any rice already cooked. Or do like what us Milner’s do, and use it as a recipe for leftover rice that needs using up.
Air Fried Rice Ingredients
Rice – Any leftover or just cooked rice is perfect for fried rice in air fryer. I used some brown rice that I had leftover from dinner the day before.
Soy Sauce – This is what stops the rice from drying out and going hard and horrible. You mix the rice with this and then it also adds great flavour to your rice too.
Eggs – If you want egg fried rice, then you will need scrambled eggs to add to your rice. What I do is scramble an egg first using a ramekin in the air fryer, then I cook the rice afterwards.
Veggies – I recommend that you use some frozen veggies from a frozen stir fry mix. They work best with air fryer rice. Plus, to make it typical of a fried rice recipe, frozen peas are a great add in.
Seasoning – You can mix and match with any of your favourite Chinese seasonings. I like mine with Chinese five spice and salt and pepper.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this rice air fryer recipe, it has just been our Philips Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for air fryer rice dishes, as well as for other air fryer classics.
How To Cook Fried Rice In An Air Fryer?
- Scramble. Grab a spare ramekin and load it up with egg first ready for scrambling. Then as is scrambles in the air fryer you can prep your other ingredients.
- Prep. In a bowl add rice, frozen vegetables, frozen peas, soy sauce, seasonings, and extra virgin olive oil. When the scrambled eggs are done add these too and then give the bowl a good mix.
- Air Fry. Load the bowl of fried rice ingredients into an air fryer friendluy dish such as a baking pan and cook until you have perfectly cooked crispy air fried rice Which takes approximately 15 minutes.
Reheat Fried Rice In Air Fryer
If you don’t get chance to finish the air fryer fried rice in one mealtime, then you can reheat the fried rice in the air fryer.
Simply add a little soy sauce (to stop it drying out) and then spray with extra virgin olive oil (this is for air fryer crispy rice) and then reheat for 4 minutes at 160c/320f.
Then check to make sure your rice is piping hot, if its not cook for a further 2 minutes and then serve.
Also, if it is chicken fried rice you want to reheat, then sorry but its not possible. That is because chicken can not be reheated twice.
More Air Fryer Stir Fry Recipes
Air Fryer Egg Fried Rice
Air Fryer Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 200 g Leftover Rice
- 50 g Frozen Peas
- 100 g Frozen Stir Fry Mix
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 60 ml Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcester Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Scrambled Eggs
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Crack your eggs into a ramekin and stir in butter, milk and salt and pepper. Place in the air fryer and air fry for 8 minutes at 180c/360f.
- When the air fryer beeps add the eggs and all other ingredients into a bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Spray a baking pan that is suitable for the air fryer with extra virgin olive oil spray and then load in your rice mixture.
- Air fry for 10 minutes at 180c/360f, stir and then air fry for a further 5 minutes at the same temperature. Check that its piping hot before serving.