Air Fryer Roasted Peppers. Delicious oil free roasted bell peppers cooked to perfection in the air fryer. Easy to prepare, low in calories and once you cook them like this you will not go back to the frying pan.
Can You Air Fry Peppers?
Absolutely and air fryer peppers are the best. Whether you call them air fryer mixed peppers, air fryer bell peppers or air fryer roasted peppers, they will be a new favourite food to air fry.
It is one of those air fryer recipes that matches up to food that you would normally cook on a barbecue.
Air Fryer Roasted Bell Peppers
Air Fryer Roasted Peppers you say? The easiest way I have ever made roasted peppers and they taste so good.
You place them in the air fryer after you have diced them, without oil, then a few minutes later they are cooked.
You can then choose whether you want them with a charred look, lightly cooked or just warmed up.
I prefer mine just before charred and love to have them when I am on Paleo as an alternative to chips.
I will often add to the grocery shopping list a pack of mixed peppers. Where you get one yellow pepper, one red pepper and one green pepper.
I can then quickly slice the peppers, throw them in the air fryer and I am lost in bell pepper foodie heaven.
How Long To Air Fry Peppers?
We all have different uses for our roasted peppers. But I am sure we are all agreed that we want them oil free and colourful.
- Warm But Not Soft = If you want your roasted peppers lovely and warm but without them being fully cooked then go with 8 minutes.
- Crispy = To get them crispy but not quite chargrilled then opt for 10 minutes.
- Chargrilled = For that amazing chargrilled flavour like it has been on a barbecue opt with 12 minutes.
I love all 3 ways to air fry peppers and I get most excited the fact that something that tastes so good, can be so low in calories.
How To Roast Peppers In Air Fryer?
To roast peppers in the air fryer is so EASY that I like to leave 3 year old Jorge in charge with his kids knives set.
- Slice up your peppers to your desired shape.
- Load in a bowl and season with your favourite dried herbs.
- Load into the air fryer basket, air fry and serve.
More Air Fryer Pepper Ideas
But it doesn’t just have to be mixed and colourful bell peppers that you load into your air fryer basket.
You can go beyond this and mix and match bell peppers with other things. Or just cook a single bell pepper at once.
If you hate jalapenos and would still love to enjoy our air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, then swap jalapeno for air fryer mini sweet peppers.
Keep the same method and cooking times just swap the peppers around.
Air fryer fajita vegetables is also a wonderful idea. You can use the air fryer to make a vegetarian version of our air fryer chicken fajitas and OMG they taste so good!
Air Fryer Roasted Bell Peppers
Air Fryer Bell Peppers Ingredients:
- 3 Bell Peppers
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice the tops off the peppers and using a firm grip pull out the stalk to remove all the seeds in one go.
- Dice the peppers into medium to large chunks or large slices depending on how you like them.
- Place them in the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes at 180c/360f. Serve while still warm.