Welcome to my Air Fryer Messy Sloppy Joes Cheesy Fries recipe.
I have always been a huge fan of mince. Mince is there and so am I! I love burgers, meatballs, meat loaf, koftas, bolognese with loads of pasta and don’t get me started about sloppy joes as it was meant for me!
However I am all for eating in moderation otherwise I would be the size of a house. As such we have lots of freezer bags filled up with packs of mince (as we buy it in bulk) and it then lasts us ages. We bag it up into 400g portions and one 400g bag will feed the four of us for a meal along with the sides that we have with it. For example if we have burgers we will have 4 made up to 100g each and then if it is meatballs we will make 12 small ones with it.
We also buy a range of mince from our local cash and carry and will end up with 1 huge box of minced beef, one of minced pork and then the traditional favourite here in Portugal which is ½ pork with ½ beef. After buying 1 pack of each we will have 12 bags of mince for the freezer which is plenty and will last us at least a month.
But when you add pasta, fries, salads, vegetables or even other meaty sides to the equation, we will often have loads leftover. And like many other families we absolutely hate wasted food and would much rather club together what we have left to make a delicious extra meal.
In this recipe it is a great opportunity to mix together those spare potatoes you have leftover, with some spare mince from your last bolognese with some lovely cheese. It is also the perfect comfort food and will fill everyone up!#AirFryer Messy Sloppy Joes Cheesy #Fries Recipe Via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- 200g Minced Beef
- 1 Large Onion (peeled and diced)
- 200g Tinned Tomatoes
- 5 Medium Potatoes
- 28g Cheddar Cheese
- 1Tbsp Garlic Puree
- 1Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tbsp Thyme
- 1Tbsp Oregano
- 1Tsp Basil
- 1Tsp Bolognese Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by peeling your potatoes and chopping them up into chips. Warm your Air Fryer to 180c for a couple of minutes, then place your chips in the air fryer for 20 minutes with a tablespoon of olive oil. Then shake them every 7 minutes so that they are nice and soft and not dry.
- In a wok cook the onions on a medium heat with the remaining olive oil until they have a lovely soft texture. Add the tomato puree, garlic puree, mince and cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat or until the mince has browned. Add all the seasoning and the tinned tomatoes. Mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until the liquid has reduced.
- When the Air Fryer has finished with your chips, plate everything up. Place the fries in the bottom of the dish, add sloppy joes and then finish it off by grating your cheese on top.