Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos. Let me show you how to cook frozen taquitos in the air fryer. Using air fryer frozen chicken and cheese taquitos, they are crispy, lower in calories and perfect for a quick supper.
You can use any brand of frozen taquitos or follow our homemade chicken taquitos and make ahead for later.
Frozen Taquitos In Air Fryer
When you think of frozen taquitos in the air fryer you are probably thinking about grabbing some Delimex taquitos or some El Monterey taquitos and cooking them from frozen in the air fryer.
But I have an even better way to enjoy frozen taquitos in the air fryer and that is to make ahead a batch of your own.
You can make them in bulk and it’s a cheap way to use up your leftovers from your taquitos and then reheat them from frozen in the air fryer.
What I did was follow my air fryer chicken taquitos recipe and instead of eating them straight away, I allowed them to cool down and then placed them in the freezer.
I then waited until the next day, when I knew they were properly frozen and reheated my chicken taquitos in the air fryer to show you just how easy and delicious frozen taquitos are in the air fryer.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
Can You Make Frozen Taquitos In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. You don’t need to use frozen brands and can make your own frozen taquitos in the air fryer as part of your meal prep.
I made air fryer frozen chicken and cheese taquitos and used my own personal recipe.
The chicken taquitos were first cooked in the air fryer as you would with any homemade taquitos or burritos.
Then they were placed on a sheet pan like this and loaded into the chest freezer:
Though note, they must be fully cold when you do this. You can of course leave them in your fridge overnight if you prefer and then freeze them the next day.
Then after they have been on the sheet pan for an hour load them into a freezer bag or a zip loc bag:
And then they can stay in your freezer until you are ready to reheat them from frozen using the air fryer. Of course, you can do them in bulk, do different taquitos flavours, or even just keep collecting ones you have not eaten and then avoiding food waste.
You might be wondering why the sheet pan and why not straight in the zip loc? Well, the sheet pan method partly freezes the taquitos and stops them from sticking together when frozen.
Can You Cook Frozen Taquitos In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can, and I am a huge fan of them. Unlike reheating in the microwave or in the oven, you get to have a wonderful crisp on the frozen taquitos when you use the air fryer.
Though note, air fryers do take longer than a microwave to reheat and you might prefer slicing the taquitos in half and turning them into frozen mini taquitos to speed up the process.
How To Cook Frozen Taquitos In An Air Fryer?
- Load. Add your frozen taquitos into the air fryer basket.
- Cook. Air fry for approximately 10 minutes depending on how many frozen parsnips and carrots you are cooking or how powerful your air fryer is.
- Test. I recommend that you cut in half a taquito and then use your finger to check that it is piping hot in the middle. If it isn’t and you have been air frying for a while, then half them all, and load back into the air fryer and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Serve. Then serve with your favourite salsa and you now have crispy chicken taquitos that you cooked in the air fryer from frozen.
How Long To Cook Frozen Taquitos In Air Fryer?
The recommended cook time for frozen taquitos in the air fryer is 14 minutes. I recommend you do it in two intervals of five minutes so that you can cook it on each side.
Then check how much longer your frozen taquitos need, which in our case was another 4 minutes.
Though note our frozen taquitos are large and yours might be smaller.
What Temp To Air Fry Frozen Taquitos?
When cooking frozen taquitos in air fryer I recommend a temperature of 160c/320f. Many make the mistake of using a temperature that is too high when reheating food in the air fryer.
Remember, you are there to reheat the food, not recook the food.
More Air Fryer Frozen Favourites
Would you like to learn how to cook more frozen food in the air fryer and not just do air fryer frozen taquitos? Well, here are a few other air fryer frozen favourites for you to try next:
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn On The Cob
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos
Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos Ingredients:
- 5 Frozen Chicken Taquitos
- Salsa optional
- Place frozen chicken taquitos into the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes at 160c/320f. Turn your chicken taquitos over and cook for an extra 5 minutes at the same temperature.
- Chop your taquitos in half and check the centre with your finger to make sure they are piping hot. If they are not cook for a further 4 minutes at the same temperature.
- Serve with salsa.