Welcome to my best ever bolognese stuffed courgettes recipe.
I am all about one pot or one pan this month, so this recipe will take you by surprise. You’re probably wondering how on earth you can do bolognese stuffed courgettes in one pot, one pan or one dish?
Well this is when the love of a great skillet pan comes into practice……
If you have not got a skillet yet then I highly recommend it as you can start a dish off on the hob and then quickly finish it in the oven and it is also perfect for 30 minute meals.
In this quick and simple dinner recipe I am making a quick bolognese and then stuffing it with a courgette and then finishing it off in the oven. A bolognese is really quick to make and this is perfect for you if you follow a gluten free lifestyle and prefer to have extra vegetable over some spaghetti! You could also disallow the cheese to turn it into a Paleo or Whole 30 approved meal.
In case you’re American and wondering what a courgette is, well it is the British term of phrase for a zucchini. They look just the same, so it’s weird for me to know them under two completely different names.
- 200g Minced Beef
- 1 Medium Onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 250g Tinned Tomatoes
- 2 Medium Courgettes
- 1 Medium Tomato (diced)
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tsp Garlic Puree
- 25g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1Tbsp Oregano
- 1Tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1Tsp Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- In your skillet fry your onion and garlic with the olive oil on a medium heat until the onions are nice and soft. While your onions are cooking cut your courgette length ways and remove the flesh.
- Add the flesh of the courgette to the pan (making use of it so you have no food waste) and the mince. Cook for about 8 minutes until your minced beef is fully cooked. Add the tinned tomatoes and seasoning and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the bolognese into your courgettes, clean out your pan and place the stuffed courgettes back in the pan with the grated cheese and fresh tomatoes on top. Cook in the oven for five minutes.
We have put together 26 favourite recipes for you to enjoy that take less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook but also only require one pot. We have pasta and meatballs, 3 minute alfredo sauce, no carb risotto, 20 minute chicken korma and even pan fried chicken and vegetables.
We are huge fans of one pot cooking and even more so, now that we have tried out 30 minute meals in it. And it shows that one pot cooking is not just for the slow cooker.
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.