Welcome to my Airfryer Spanish spicy potatoes recipe. This is otherwise known in Spain as Patatas Bravas.
Well I promised to recreate the lovely Spanish dishes that I tried in Spain and this is the first of them.
I don’t know about you but I fell in love with Spanish tapas at first sight. It always feels like you are entering a sweet shop for adults when you experience tapas. You enter the bar and get to choose whatever you want to have a small portion of from the tapas bar. You’ll see at least 6 different options and you start licking your lips in anticipation for what you’re about to eat.
Plus you can be greedy and choose more than one item as they are so cheap and they are only very small dishes.
Well when we were in Spain earlier this year we visited about 8 different tapas bars and I must have had a this dish at every single one of them because I love it so much. Patatas Bravas as they call it in Spain is simply potatoes in a spicy tomato sauce and it is absolutely delicious.
Plus for recreating it at home you couldn’t do any better. It is frugal and it is quick oh and it is not that high calorie either.
We made it in well under 30 minutes and this is our take on it.#Airfryer #Spanish Spicy Potatoes (Patatas Bravas) via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Philips Airfryer
- 3 Large Potatoes peeled and chopped into chips
- 1 Small Onion peeled and diced
- 100 ml Homemade Tomato Sauce get my recipe here
- 1 Tomato thinly diced
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 Tsp Coriander
- 2 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by placing your chips in the Airfryer with the olive oil and cooking them on 180c for 15 minutes.
- While they are cooking prepare your sauce. Mix together the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- When the Airfryer is done take the potatoes out and using an Airfryer baking dish place the tomato sauce in for 8 minutes on the same heat setting.
- When it is done pour the sauce over the potatoes and serve.