Welcome to my Meatless Monday leftover feta cheese dough balls in the Airfryer recipe.
I remember in the old days Dominic and I used to have a few takeaways per week. Actually, that is probably not entirely truthful; ten years ago we would have about 4 a week. Once we get over how fat it made us and what awful slobs we had turned into, we always think of the money that we wasted.
You see we must have been spending about £60 per week on takeaways plus we were also spending about £120 a week on general groceries when we did the weekly shopping. Yet most of this food would be wasted and would end up in the bin. Yet here we are 10 years later and even with inflation we now average about £65 a week and don’t have any takeaways at all.
That is nearly 2/3s cheaper and the food is so much better, oh and compared to a decade ago we are a lot thinner too!
And have you ever noticed the mark up on a pizza takeaway? When you think that you can make yourself the same as what you get from the takeaway company for about £3 when they charge you £15.
But the biggest kick we get out of our cooking is when we use up all the leftovers so that we never have any food waste.
Last week for example we needed some feta cheese for a recipe we were creating and we always end up with a block of it that needs using up. We had also made a meat feast pizza and had this dough leftover.
Clearly it was fate that the two leftover ingredients would come together to make the most delicious dough balls in the Airfryer.
Plus they are so fast to make and make a perfect snack no matter what time of year it is.#MeatlessMonday Leftover #Feta #Cheese Dough Balls In The Airfryer via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Take your pizza dough out of the fridge and allow to go to room temperature so that it is easy to use. Add a little flour to the dough and knead it for a couple of minutes so that it goes really soft and has that wonderful just made dough feeling. Put it to one side.
- Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl (apart from the dough and the feta) and mix well until you have a lovely creamy paste.
- Break your dough up into eight equal sized pieces. For each piece flatten it out like a pancake and put about 1/3 of a teaspoon over it, follow it with a little square of feta and seal it up so that it becomes a secret compartment.
- Do this for all eight and then make them into pretty little balls.
- Place them in the Airfryer for 10 minutes at 180c followed by 5 minutes at 160c.