Bread Maker Chicken & Sweetcorn Pizza with lots of melted cheese. I love making pizza dough in my bread maker and this is how I use my bread maker to make delicious cheesy pizza loaded with chicken and sweetcorn.
Now this is foodie heaven.
It has taken you less than 30 minutes for you to prep your ingredients and add them to the bread maker, then the bread maker has proved the pizza dough for you, all whilst you are getting everything else ready.
You have grated your favourite cheese, chopped up your favourite chicken and of course drained some tinned sweetcorn.
Now in my mind this is easy cooking and all thanks to the wonderful world of kitchen gadgets, or in particular my bread maker.
Its one of those gadgets that I just wish I had years ago, but I did and just never used it. It got forgotten about and just gathered dust in the cupboard. Then when we moved to a new house we sold it.
Then fast forward 14 years and we are ready to take bread makers seriously and take advantage of how wonderful they are, for quick cheap family meals.
Today is of course Tuesday and in our house, Tuesdays is leftover Tuesdays. The night before grocery shopping when we use up food that we have leftover.
We always freeze our cheese when we buy it. This is because the supermarket sometimes has deals on cheese.
We will buy it in bulk and then use it as and when we want it. We freeze it in bags of 200g making it the perfect size for cheese on toast, pizza toppings or for cheese sauce.
You don’t have to do chicken and sweetcorn its just a pizza recipe that we love. We used to buy pizzas from Walmart many years ago.
On grocery shopping night we would go to the pizza counter at Walmart, choose our pizza toppings and then take our pizza home for later.
The toppings we had the most was chicken, sweetcorn and extra cheese. Because you can’t have enough cheese in your life can you?
It was yummy.
But now there is nothing stopping us making the pizza ourselves with the bread maker, then picking out our favourite toppings and having a pizza feast.
Plus, it doesn’t take any longer to do it yourself, compared to ringing for a takeaway and how long before it is delivered to you.
Then there is the cost. I can make a delicious homemade pizza for less than 2 Euros ($2.40) and you can’t buy one and get it delivered for that price!
I also find that it’s a great use of leftover meat that you need to use up. If it’s Christmas or Thanksgiving then you could use your turkey, or how about the leftovers from a rotisserie chicken?
Other delicious bread maker pizza dough ingredients using leftover chicken:
Table of Contents
Bread Maker Chicken & Sweetcorn Pizza
- Start by preparing your bread maker pizza dough. Once it is on then you can focus on your pizza toppings.
- Mix together garlic puree, salt, pepper and olive oil. Drain your sweetcorn. Make sure your cheese is grated.
- When the pizza dough beeps, remove it from the bread maker and using a little extra flour, roll it out onto your pizza tray. If you have some spare reserve, it for another day and you could make some small pizzas.
- Using a spoon rub the garlic olive oil into the pizza base. This will then form as its bottom layer and stop it from going dry.
- Then layer your pizza dough with cheese, chicken and then sweetcorn. Then add a little bit more cheese to the top and a further sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Place the pizza in the oven and cook for 22 minutes at 180c/360f.