Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today is all about a delicious Instant Pot spotted dick sponge pudding. If you are looking for something homemade and cheap for pudding it doesn’t get any better than a classic spotting dick pudding.
Picture the scene. I am working on all my healthy Instant Pot recipes for January (I tested this recipe in early December) and trying to find those extra hours in the day to get them all tested and written up ready for the mad rush of January.
You see in the world of a food blogger January is all about the healthy recipes as everyone wants to detox from all the rubbish they have eaten over Christmas. So we were having lots of gluten free dishes, Paleo ones and Dominic was asking why we had this new Instant Pot if everything that went into it was healthy.
To quote him he said:
The best use for an Instant Pot is to make all those classic steam puddings!
Well clearly I hadn’t told him we were catering for January diet season!
So to look up from my laptop to see a spotted dick sponge sat next to me and knowing full well that there was nothing Paleo or remotely healthy about it. Well that is unless you consider the raisins to be Paleo???
But he said we can start on February early, as February is very much our comfort food month and what’s better than homemade delicious sponge.
So this recipe has been saved and typed up and we finally feel like today, as everyone has now quit their diets (lol) it seems like the perfect time.
If you fancy something different to cheese cake as a dessert in your Instant Pot (I am sure there will be some this month) then this is it!
If you’ve never heard of spotted dick before then it is a delicious traditional English pudding that is steamed to perfection and filled with loads of raisins. Oh and a classic lunch time school dinner pudding for years.#InstantPot #SpottedDick #Sponge #Pudding #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Instant Pot Duo
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 30ml Whole Milk
- 50g Raisins
- Grease a mixing bowl.
- In your mixing bowl cream butter with sugar until lovely and fluffy. Beat in the eggs a bit at a time until well mixed. Add the milk and raisins and mix again.
- Fold in the flour a little at a time until it is mixed in.
- In the Instant Pot place your mixing bowl on top of your steaming rack with a cup of water below it.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn your valve to sealing, and set it to 12 minutes on the steam function.
- When it beeps 6 times it is done and you don’t need any resting time, just turn the valve so that the steam can come out and then open the Instant Pot and serve.
Serve with warm homemade custard.