This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Pressure Cooker Pork Chops with a creamy homemade mushroom gravy. Served with a side of air fryer French Fries this classic French dish of pork chops with a mushroom sauce is perfect for a healthy quick dinner.
Out for lunch in France and you look around and everyone is having either a pepper sauce or a mushroom sauce with pork chops or butterflied chicken and it would be served with French Fries.
I would always have the pepper sauce and dominic the mushroom sauce. You could taste the beautiful vegetables and you would eat in silence until it was all gone. Because it tastes too good to talk!
But in French food you assume it is overcomplicated. But a bit of sautéing and good time management and you can easily make your own Pressure Cooker Pork Chops & Mushroom Gravy at home.
Plus, if you have an air fryer you can have a much bigger taste of France with homemade French Fries. If you don’t have an air fryer, then do get one, as they make cooking alongside the pressure cooker so good!
Pressure Cooker Pork Chops
If you have not tried Pressure Cooker Pork Chops then you MUST. I always remember my grandma making delicious and tender pork chops in the pressure cooker, before we had electric pressure cookers.
Long before the birth of the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker she would force the lid down on her old school pressure cooker and show that the frugal pork chops was meant for the pressure cooker.
You never had pork chops the modern way, like they are served today with homemade mushroom gravy, but with baby potatoes and garden peas. It was always bland and was asking for a lot of salt and pepper to be added.
But it gave me my first taste of the pressure cooker and how it could make tough pork chops as tender as fillet steak!
Pressure Cooker Pork Chops With Homemade Mushroom Gravy
Maybe it is being a Paleo addict that has done it, or its my general hatred for processed foods, but I totally despise the use of canned mushroom soup in cooking.
When I ate out in France, they never put canned mushroom soup in a creamy sauce, so why has this obsession with cans of mushroom soup come from?
It is just disgusting and don’t do it to you and your family when you’re making pressure cooker pork chops with mushroom gravy.
Making your own homemade mushroom gravy for your pressure cooker pork chops is not only very simple but also very cheap too. And only adds 3 minutes onto your cooking time.
Ingredients that you shouldn’t see in a Pressure Cooker Mushroom Gravy are:
- Cans Mushroom Soup
- Double Cream/Heavy Cream
- Sour Cream
- Corn Starch/Corn Flour
- Any Flour
This is because a TRUE mushroom gravy is free of all these ingredients and is a wholesome creamy sauce.
The SECRET Behind Perfect Mushroom Gravy
Its all about a homemade mushroom soup that you have made in your pressure cooker first. Or what I do is cook my mushroom soup in bulk and then freeze it for when I need it, into individual soup pots.
With a homemade mushroom soup, it is thinner than cans of soup. This makes it PERFECT for stock for making pressure cooker pork chops and mushroom gravy.
You can then reduce the stock and use only what you need. Because of the texture of the pressure cooker mushroom gravy it doesn’t need thickening up and it is 100% natural and good for you.
You can also make a BIG batch of mushroom gravy whenever you have some cheap mushrooms and then save them for another time.
How To Cook Pressure Cooker Pork Chops & Mushroom Gravy?
You start the pressure cooking process by sautéing your onions and garlic in extra virgin olive oil. This is so common on the Mediterranean with these 3 simple ingredients starting many dishes.
Then you mix the mushrooms into the juices, but making sure that they don’t cook, as you want them to cook when at pressure, as right now it’s all about flavours.
After removing the mushrooms, onion and garlic from the pressure cooker the pork chops are seared on each side in the juices.
Afterwards the pork chops are removed, the rest of the ingredients are added in and the pork chops are placed on top so that they are submerged but not buried in the pressure cooker contents.
While the pressure cooker creates your pressure cooker pork chops and mushroom gravy, you can be making the Air Fryer French Fries to serve with it.
That is it! That is just how simple it is to make Pressure Cooker Pork Chops & Mushroom Gravy!
Pressure Cooker Pork Chops with a creamy homemade mushroom gravy
- Set the pressure cooker to sauté and allow it to warm up.
- Peel & dice the garlic and onion and place it into the Instant Pot inner pot. Add the extra virgin olive oil and sauté for 3 minutes or until the garlic and onion are cooked.
- Add the dried thyme.
- Dice the mushrooms into small quarters, add them into the pressure cooker and stir constantly for about 3 minutes, so that everything is well mixed but so that the mushrooms are not cooked.
- Remove the garlic, onion and mushrooms into a bowl.
- Place a tablespoon of butter into the pressure cooker and allow it to melt.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and sear in the juices inside the bottom of the pressure cooker. 2 minutes on each side for the pork chops is enough though do make sure the pressure cooker is nice and hot.
- Remove the pork chops and deglaze the bottom and sides of the pressure cooker with white wine.
- Press cancel to stop the sautéing.
- 10. Add back the bowl of mushrooms, onion and garlic. Pour in the homemade mushroom soup. Mix well.
- 11. Place the pork chops over the mixture making sure the bottom of them are in the sauce.
- 12. Place the lid on the pressure cooker, set the valve to sealing and cook for 10 minutes on manual.
- 13. When they are cooked remove the pork chops and stir the sauce. If the sauce is too watery drain and then add a bit back in at a time until you have the correct consistency of your mushroom gravy.