This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Dino Nuggets in the air fryer. Let me show you how easy it is to cook frozen dinosaur nuggets in your air fryer. Super simple, super crispy and super delicious.
Your kids will love these dino chicken nuggets and they are perfect for busy weeknights in your air fryer.
Table of Contents
Jorge is always by my side when I do new recipes for you all on Recipe This. He has helped me make air fryer frozen broccoli, air fryer frozen jalapeno poppers, air fryer frozen chicken breasts and so many others.
Many of these air fryer frozen foods have not been his cup of tea, but he has still tried them and helped me.
So, when I picked him up (and his sister Sofia) from school and told him that we were going home to make dino nuggets he was over the moon and full of excitement.
After all, he A) loves using the air fryer and B) is absolutely obsessed with dinosaurs. In fact, I would say he is more into dinos than Ross out of Friends!
He then watched the air fryer do its magic and informed me of which dinosaur he was having, and which one was his sisters and even offered me one.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
What Are Dino Nuggets?
Dino nuggets are simply dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. An alternative to regular chicken nuggets and perfect for cooking at home in the air fryer.
Depending on the brand of dinosaur nuggets you will often have different dinosaur shapes to choose from and it makes dinner time more fun for the kids.
Much to Jorge’s delight, he even got a t rex dino nugget on his dinner plate.
What Are The Best Dino Chicken Nuggets?
My first choice would be Tyson dino nuggets, but a UK alternative is to use Bernard Matthews turkey dinosaurs. Or you can use any other version that is shaped like a dinosaur. You might even find some that you like that are vegetarian or vegan.
Even better, thanks to the air fryer, you can cook dino nuggets with a LOT LESS fat.
Dino Nuggets Ingredients
Nuggets – It’s all about your dinosaur nuggets. Any brand will do, its just about personal choice and we did one bag of dino nuggets in two batches.
Oil – We also recommend some extra virgin olive oil spray. You can create a bottle of this with one of your old bottles. Then give a spray on the top of the nuggets during the air frying process.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in our dino chicken nuggets air fryer recipe, it has just been our Philips Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
How To Cook Dino Nuggets In Air Fryer?
- Load. Add your frozen dinosaur nuggets into the air fryer basket.
- Cook. Air fry your nuggets for 8 minutes and then turn them over for an even cook.
- Spray. Add a spraying of extra virgin olive oil and this will make your nuggets as crispy as the deep fat fryer but without the high fat content.
- Cook. Air fry for a final 2 minutes depending on how powerful your air fryer is and how crispy you would like them and then serve.
How Long To Air Fry Dino Nuggets?
The dino nuggets cook time is JUST 10 minutes. Just imagine that, dinosaur nuggets are dumped into the air fryer basket and then 10 minutes later, excited kids are having them served to them on their dinner plate.
More Air Fryer Frozen Kids Classics
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Meatballs
- Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Twizzlers
Plus, don’t miss our guide to cooking frozen food in the air fryer.
Dino Nuggets In Air Fryer
Dino Nuggets Ingredients:
- 1 Pack Frozen Dinosaur Nuggets
- Olive Oil Spray
- Remove frozen dino nuggets from the packaging and place in the air fryer making sure they are spread out. Air fry for 8 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Turn over the nuggets and then spray with extra virgin olive oil to create a crispier coating.
- Air fry for a further 2 minutes at 180c/360f, or if you want them crispier opt for 200c/400f.