This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Delicious, air fryer spaghetti squash casserole. Mexican inspired loaded with chicken, cheese, salsa, spaghetti squash, black beans, and seasoning.
You will love this Mexican spaghetti squash casserole for using up your leftovers and creating a delicious filling spaghetti squash dinner.
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This is my squash leftover hero. You know that amazing recipe you make with your leftovers, and you want to create leftovers just to make it.
I have then shown you how to use the seeds from those recipes to make delicious air fryer spaghetti squash seeds, but what about when like me you have a lot of spaghetti squash and want to make a filling meal from it.
Something delicious for dinner that your family will eat.
Well, my family would never eat just spaghetti squash with meatballs if I put it in front of them, but mix it up with cheese, beans and chicken and they are there with bells on.
I recommend making this spaghetti squash casserole after making some spaghetti squash and you can use the skin as a boat and then it can all cook together in the air fryer and the air fryer will not need cleaning.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Make Spaghetti Squash Casserole In The Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. The easiest way to make a spaghetti casserole in the air fryer is to use the skin of your spaghetti squash as a shell and then the ingredients can be stuffed in before being cooked.
Then it all cooks together in one place just like a squash casserole would normally do so in the oven.
Do You Put Eggs In Squash Casserole?
No, there are no eggs in a squash casserole. We have a lot of readers with an egg allergy and only use them when you really need it.
The lovely gooey centre comes together from the cheese and the black beans.
How Do You Keep Squash Casserole From Getting Watery?
What we do is we drain the leftover spaghetti squash and make sure that the black beans in your casserole are well drained. Then your casserole won’t be watery. Plus, add to this that your casserole has cream cheese which helps make it creamy.
How Do You Make Squash Casserole With Ritz Crackers?
I love to add loads of grated cheese and cherry tomatoes to the top of my Mexican squash casserole, but you can swap this for crunched Ritz Crackers instead.
Simply load Ritz crackers into a ziploc bag, bash them with a rolling pin and then scatter over your casserole.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Spaghetti Squash Casserole Ingredients
Squash – I used a cup and a half of leftover spaghetti squash and that was plenty to fill a casserole. You can do more if you prefer, depending on your leftovers.
Beans – I also love to add black beans to my casseroles. You can add any beans and some sweetcorn too if you like.
Chicken – I also added some leftover chicken that was in my fridge that needed using up. Then it was sliced thin ready for adding.
Sauce – I love my fall casseroles lovely and creamy so also add some salsa, some Greek yoghurt, and some Philadelphia cream cheese.
Topping – Its also nice to add in some grated cheese and some sliced cherry tomatoes on top for the wow factor.
Seasonings – Then for seasonings we added Mexican seasoning, coriander and salt and pepper.
Also note that this is a fantastic casserole for if you are counting calories too. Because we focused on light Philadelphia, fat free yoghurt and other low calorie ingredients it would be low point on WW.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this spaghetti squash casserole recipe it has just been our Philips air fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash Casserole?
- Prep. Start by slicing up your cooked chicken thighs and making sure that your spaghetti squash shell is ready for filling up and no holding too much water or extra squash.
- Mix. In a bowl mix all ingredients together reserving some cheese for on top and the cherry tomatoes for on top.
- Load. Next load into your spaghetti squash shell and then load into the air fryer. Air fry your squash boat for 15 minutes at 180c/360f and then check to make sure its heated through in the middle.
- Add. Then add to the casserole your grated cheese and your cherry tomatoes and air fry for a further 3 minutes at 200c/400f.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is cooking a spaghetti squash casserole using the skin and why you should be doing it too!
More Air Fryer Squash Recipes
- Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Muffins
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Cubes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash Cubes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries
Your recipe for spaghetti squash casserole in the air fryer is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Leftover Spaghetti Squash Shell
- 1.5 Cups Leftover Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Cup Drained Black Beans
- 1 Cup Frozen Sweetcorn
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs cooked
- 4 Tbsp Salsa
- 2 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Philadelphia Light
- 4 Tsp Mexican Seasoning
- 2 Tsp Coriander
- Salt & Pepper
- 100 g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Get rid of any bits of squash or water from the half of your spaghetti squash and make sure it has no holes. Slice your chicken thighs into little chunks or strips.
- Load into a bowl everything but half the cheese and the cherry tomatoes.
- Then mix well and load into your squash shell.
- Load the spaghetti squash casserole into the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes at 180c/360f for 15 minutes.
- Check that it is hot in the middle if not add a few more minutes, then add grated cheese and cherry tomatoes on top. Cook for a further 3 minutes at 200c/400f before serving.